IGNORED

Navy Seal dies in training accident

UberXY

This fellow was an acquaintance of mine - his family and mine spent some time at the beach together a few years back. Had a beautiful family, and had been a SEAL for a very long time, was looking forward to retirement.

CASA GRANDE, Ariz. -- A Virginia Beach-based Navy SEAL was found dead Wednesday morning on a golf course in Casa Grande.

The SEAL, whose name was not released, was a Special Warfare Operator from Hampton Roads, Va. He died while conducting a parachute training operation out of Marana, about 30 miles south of Phoenix.

The body was found near one of the greens shortly after 7 a.m. by a Mission Royale Golf Course maintenance worker on his morning rounds.

Casa Grande police said the Navy arrived immediately to retrieve the body.

"I was just coming out of the garage and I heard this noise," said Jesse King, a neighbor.

Another resident also said he didn't know what to think.

"It's kind of tragic really, the way you hear how it happened and everything," said Ron Horton. "It kind of affects you a little bit."

My sympathies to the family & you.

I met a soldier on the plane to Chicago, & thanked him for his service. His reaction was one of extreme gratitude, so, thank the next soldier you see.

Archived