IGNORED

College Basketball in TN

David

I'm not much of a college basketball fan, but we're going to watch the big game tonight. #2 UT at #1 Memphis. Then when you throw the #3 UT-Women's team in, we have some pretty impressive basketball happening this year. The three teams combined are 74-4. Wow.

Is she a big fan? And feels like they should be no. 1? smile.gif

I don't know if you follow High School basketball, but my wife Julie is from Shelbyville, TN, and they had an amazing run in the High School ranks.

Oh yes, I am a huge Tennessee Lady Vols fan, and other than a few dusty dead ancestors, I have no connection whatever to Tennessee or the school. confused.gif

Edit: As far as ranking, I think they should at least be #2, but the main thing is that they stay healthy, continue to improve and to get a number one seed in the tournament. clap.gif

We've been talking about getting an HD box for the exercise room so we can watch BB and work out at the same time (helps protect from the dreaded lardbutt syndrome). lmao.gif

I have the utmost respect for Pat Summitt's success as a coach and a role model, to the extent that I bristle a bit when her name isn't mentioned in the same sentence with other great coaches. I don't know much about Bruce Pearl, but he's winning and seems to have a great sense of humor. He also seems to know that he'll never be more than the 2nd best basketball coach at the school.

I'm looking forward to March Madness. My favorite sporting event of the year.

... we have some pretty impressive basketball happening this year. The three teams combined are 74-4. Wow.
Awww your teams just got lucky! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

IMO the Lady Vol's haven't received nearly the credit they deserve for consistently finishing at or near the top of the NCAA.

Regarding the men's teams, it's unfortunate that for the NCAA championship tournament one of these two teams will likely be the top seed in another bracket which will force them to travel a long distance - a definite disadvantage. Ahhh such is March madness. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Archived