IGNORED

This one's for Whip

MikeRC

Mid week road trip that is.

Sorry, it's a bit early for the RT to go outside the city. Actually I still have ice on my side street, so it isn't even getting out of the garage.

Destination for the day:

Truffle_Pigs_Cafe.jpg

The Truffle Pig's Cafe in Field, B.C. for some curried root vegetable soup and Montreal smoked meat sandwich.

Here's the old train station in Field.

Old_Field_station.jpg

If you didn't know, there is no CPR passenger train service anymore out west. So that station hasn't seen anything inside but field mice for over 40 years.

The day was so nice, that rather then go straight back to the city we took a little detour north on the Banff-Jasper Highway.

Past Mt Hector:

Mt_Hector.jpg

And then north to the end of Bow Lake, where what should appear out of the snow but a little sign to one of Whip and Mrs Whip's favorite places:

NumTiJah_Lodge_sign.jpg

Here's the Lodge in the winter, Larry:

NumTiJah_Lodge2.jpg

With a beautiful view of Bow Glacier to the west:

Bow_Glacier.jpg

And Waputik Peak to the south:

Bow_Lake_Waputik_Peak.jpg

Well, things could be worse while I'm waiting for spring.

Mike Cassidy

qUIT pOSTING this stuff..!!

It makes me wanna go back there and stay forever.!Loved the pix - thanks for sharing them.!

WowZee thumbsup.gifclap.gif

It took Whip a bit to realize the reference (until he saw his name), but yeah, he liked the pics. (He'll respond later I'm sure.)

Oh yeah, I liked the pics too. Nice.

Hey everyone, a pleasure to post some pics of my corner of the world.

Larry, maybe come up one winter and stay there, do a little cross-country skiing in the area. Or if you do backcountry skiing go up Mosquito Creek to Molar Pass. You do have avalanche training, right wink.gif

It's also just 20 minutes away from Lake Louise ski hill. Or maybe walk up some frozen creeks/waterfalls in the area.

MaligneCanyon1.jpg

Or just enjoy the contrast along the Banff-Jasper Highway:

Stutfield_pan_sm.jpg

Summer vs:

Stutfield_Glacier.jpg

Winter.

Mike Cassidy

Archived