IGNORED

This guy is good....helicopter pilot

Deadboy

Then again the crew fixing the landing gear are pretty amazing also...

Yeah, that crew has some huevos. thumbsup.gif Skillful execution all the way around.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
That's cool !!! thumbsup.gif

I wonder if we could duplicate that in Flight Sim? Amazing pilot talent and trust by the ground crew.

Actually I think that most pilots who are trained and rated in that aircraft could do exactly the same thing. Pretty impressed by the trust of the ground crew though... crazy.gif

Actually I think that most pilots who are trained and rated in that aircraft could do exactly the same thing. Pretty impressed by the trust of the ground crew though... crazy.gif

Havind walked under many aircraft to secure sling loads I can tell you for certain that you are very, very aware of the huge mass above you. It was at that moment I was always comforted by the remark my instructor made on the first day of tech school (probably a lie) "It is a fact that neither bumblebees or helicopters are aeordynamically capable of flight without assistance."

If I had it to do over again I would have enlisted in the Navy and chose to work on a flight deck, just too cool! thumbsup.gif

Exactly right. That's not all that impressive from a piloting standpoint. It's good work, for sure, but not that hard to do. The bigger the helicopter, the easier it is to hover and modulate power. The built in "correlators" are very good these days on larger aircraft, especially.

If the conditions were windy (I can't tell), that would have made it more of a challenge.

"It is a fact that neither bumblebees or helicopters are aeordynamically capable of flight without assistance."

If I had it to do over again I would have enlisted in the Navy and chose to work on a flight deck, just too cool! thumbsup.gif

BTDT... In my old training squadron was the axiom "To fly is heavenly, to hover divine!"

Fly Navy!

A ch-53. Me and about 30 of my closest friends (ha ha) flew from Iwo Jima back to LHD-2 Essex once on one of those, they are amazing lift capacity machines. The squadron patch said "Piss me off, I'll lift your house". grin.gif

Archived