IGNORED

Fidel Doesn't Seek "Reelection"

David

Interesting, but not unexpected. Raul will bring Cuba forward to the 50s and 60s, slowly, and eventually Cuba will find a new leader. That nation is filled with some really wonderful, interesting people. I wish them the best.

I've hoped for years Cuba would some day become open and free..I think there is unlimited potential for commercial prosperity there..Can you imagine the vacation haven it could become if it were a democracy?

I didn't know dictators were "elected".

I've never been there, but I have read much about how nice the Cuban people are, & that the country has so much potential.

They deserve better, & I hope they get it, sooner than later.

I've hoped for years Cuba would some day become open and free..I think there is unlimited potential for commercial prosperity there..Can you imagine the vacation haven it could become if it were a democracy?

It's already a vacation haven for Canadians and Europeans, partly because there aren't Americans there (in large numbers) and it's so cheap.

There's really nothing terribly remarkable about Cuba except the people and the strategic location for shipping. If they can exploit those things, it'll have a robust economy some day.

It's already a vacation haven for Canadians and Europeans, partly because there aren't Americans there (in large numbers) and it's so cheap.

Shhhh; don't tell everybody (I know you guys can't really go there).

A beautiful country. Sad that our 50 year blockade accomplished nothing good.

I wouldn't say it accomplished nothing. After all it kept a certain party in power in FL. lmao.gif

I know, I know, it is pushing the "no politic" policy. But then again, I didn't mention which party. wave.gif

A beautiful country. Sad that our 50 year blockade accomplished nothing good.

I wouldn't say it accomplished nothing. After all it kept a certain party in power in FL. lmao.gif

There's been a 50 year power party in Florida??? Damn, I missed it....where's it at?? lmao.gif They have tequila there???

On a serious note, growing up in Miami, I'm estatic that Fidel is toast. Guess I'm shortsighted due to the culture I grew up in, but the man is doo doo and maybe, just maybe, those who are descended from the ones he stole from(sorry acquired for the good of the revolution) property, businesses, etc. will get it back. Not to mention the US and foreign companies that had facilities and property there as well. Not to say Raul is any better, but it's a start in the right direction.

Archived