IGNORED

GMC Sierra ?

Richard_D

About 6 months ago my left front hub broke on my truck . The bearing is a sealed bearing. Today the right front hub broke. I'm sure it didn't happen over night. 55000 and 62000 miles respectively. The dealer said it was because the truck has aftermarket wheels and oversize tires .285's instead of stock 245'sx75r16. The truck came that way from GMC. It had a Regency conversion package. A number of people told me that the reason they gave me was not true. I called GMC the first time and they good willed 2/3's of the cost and this time the dealer offered me 50/50 and I accepted. Could the dealer be right about the tire size being the cause? It's an 04 2500 HD crew cab with 4 wheel drive and diesel. What else could be doing this. Possible defective hubs when the truck was built? I've had numerous GM trucks with many more miles over the years and never had this problem . Everyone I've asked said they never heard of this happening. One wheel hub maybe, but when the other one went I got suspicious.If it happens again I think I'll either learn how to put the new hubs on myself or consider looking for stock size wheels and tires.

Archived