IGNORED

Newspaper headlines, two deaths

motorman587

First one is 15 yoa gang banger is murdered. Which

probably has no other impact to you and me.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080218/NEWS01/802180315/1010

Second is motorcycle fatalily which has a more impact to the common person.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080218/BREAKINGNEWS/80218021/-1/BREAKINGNEWS

or this one,

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080218/BREAKINGNEWS/80218022/-1/BREAKINGNEWS

It just amazes me that more folks die in car crashes then murders. Murders you can trace back to that the victim knew the killer, but when it comes to car crash which has a more impact on "you", the paper gives it just three lines. Is that murder is more news worthy or is that a person that dies in a car crash is more excepted in society, because it happens everyday.

Is that murder is more news worthy or is that a person that dies in a car crash is more excepted in society, because it happens everyday.

I have found the reasoning to be this: Murder is an intentional act that is malicious to people. Vehicular fatalities are still, generally speaking, considered "accidents" and thus unfortunate but not malicious.

You and I both know that they are not "accidents" because in both cases you pointed out, intentional acts preceded the crash (i.g. - DUI) and the families that are left behind are just as devastated.

John,

My wife's secretary came upon this just after it happened, knew we were on the road, called us to see if it was us. crazy.gif

Our condolences to his family. bncry.gif

Someone needs to forward this to Representative HUA to add to his motorcycle bill.

In the end, this suspended license, DUI, vehicular homicide causing, SOB, will probably have less happen to him that Rpresentative HUA proposes as a consequence for speeding while operating a motorcycle. frown.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Isn't that first one classified as NHI? (no human involvement).

I hate DUI accidents, and pity the drunk who runs into me. If I survive, I can guarantee that once I am healed, he will suffer equally or worse. I'm even willing to do the time he should have gotten for Ag Assault or ADW. I think if more of these scumbags were beaten to a pulp by the survivors or victims, we would have less of a problem. A couple weeks in the hospital as compared to a slap on the wrist.

How about a kneecapping for a second offense if still on the probation/penalty phase from the first one? It works for the Mafia.

I hate DUI accidents, and pity the drunk who runs into me. If I survive, I can guarantee that once I am healed, he will suffer equally or worse. I'm even willing to do the time he should have gotten for Ag Assault or ADW. I think if more of these scumbags were beaten to a pulp by the survivors or victims, we would have less of a problem. A couple weeks in the hospital as compared to a slap on the wrist.

How about a kneecapping for a second offense if still on the probation/penalty phase from the first one? It works for the Mafia.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Ed,

I don't get it..If I even suggest that penalties for D.U.I. be stiffened I get crucified by all the social workers here yet My guess is you'll hear nothing but AMENS!

What am I doin wrong?.... grin.gifgrin.gif

thumbsup.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Ed,

I don't get it..If I even suggest that penalties for D.U.I. be stiffened I get crucified by all the social workers here yet My guess is you'll hear nothing but AMENS!

What am I doin wrong?....

Long term rep as a curmudgeon. I used to be known as the village grouch and today I'm feeling especially grouchy.

I'll probably get my peepee whacked later.

Ed,

What am I doin wrong?....

Long term rep as a curmudgeon. I used to be known as the village grouch and today I'm feeling especially grouchy.

I'll probably get my peepee whacked later.

Ed,

PM sent.

I wonder if the difference is the "fear factor." We've had traffic accidents for so long that most people look on them as a lottery. It was just your time for a DUI to run a red light; gee--just your bad luck. I also think people feel the same way about speeding tickets; my number was up and I got a ticket.

The gang-banger is a different story. Just like global warming, gangs are the new crisis that sells papers (that sell ads based on readership). Got to keep the fear level up. It sells papers and increases tv news revenue. It gets study grants. It increases police budgets, school budgets, social services, and chartible donations. The people who profit from those sectors are able to supply all the statistics the news media need.

Just think of how much money we're willing to put toward "Homeland Security" when we've lost more people to drunk drivers in the last 30 years than we've lost to terrorists. I figure we've lost more people to peanut allergies than we have to school shootings also.

Gotta create a crisis to exploit. I figure gangs are the next best contender for attention.

Archived