IGNORED

Where To Stay In Missoula Montana?

marcopolo

I'll be leaving home on Friday, 4 July, and expect to be in Missoula on Monday 7 July (coming from Miles City MT that day). Can anyone suggest a place to stay in Missoula -- where I can park the bike and walk to have dinner/drink?

From what I've checked so far, the room rates jump in Missoula as compared to my first three nights on the road.

If I don't stay in Missoula, any other towns nearby that you'd recommend? Lolo? On Tuesday, I'll be heading west/south on the 12 on my way to John Day.

Mark:

Most of the chain hotels are at the I-90/MT93 intersection. Noisy area, but there is a Starbucks. Some have restaurants in them.

I have stayed at the Best Inn and the Val-U-Inn near the MT93(S Reserve St)/US 12 intersection and there are lots of eateries within walking distance. OK places to stay and under $90 a night. I notice on Trip Advisor there are quite a few places at under $100 downtown or on US 12(Brooks St) with good ratings.

Mike Cassidy

marcopolo,

Hamilton is a small friendly town about 20 miles south of Missoula. They may have cheaper rates, but we haven't been there in 10 years, so cannot recall motels. Also, you'd have to double back into Missoula to go west on 12.

If you can afford it, Missoula is cool--a combination university town/and outdoor recreation mecca. Come to think of it, since your stay is in summer, you might try dorm rooms at the University of Montana in town.

Mark,

I like this place. The C'mon Inn. http://www.cmoninn.com/missoula-mt-hotel.htm

I've stayed there on two occasions. The staff has been very motorcycle friendly and usually allows cycles to be parked under the awning at the front door where they are in view of the desk staff during the nighttime hours. Across the parking lot is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Three miles away is a BMW/Kawasaki Dealership. http://www.bigskybmwkawasaki.com/

Happy Trails,

David Allen

Thanks for the suggestions. After checking them out, I reserved a room at the Val-U-Inn in Missoula. It was rated #5 of 37 on TripAdvisor, and only $65/night (that's after a 10% discount for reserving online).

• 3 weeks later...

Check out the Chalet Bearmouth just west of Clinton. Room w/ community bath is $35 a night and private bath is $50. It's right on the Clark Fork River and has dining facilities that used to be good. Can't vouch for them nowadays since I haven't stayed there in years.

I stayed at the Super 8 in Hamilton about 3 years ago. It was nice enough and the price was right. I don't recall any restaurants within walking distance tho.

Archived