IGNORED

email reply to my ad for selling my sportster

wolcott

I received this email today from some guy that wants to buy my 1200 sporty:

Hello ,

Thanks for your reply, I am satisfied with the purchase, I'm alright with it, i am

willing to make out Payment right away to you, I request that a Bill of purchase be issued

out to : MR. PAUL MAXWELL....

I have seen the price and its ok by me then i have instructed my client in the States to

issue a Certified Cashier's Check on your name in Us funds, meanwhile i also instructed

him to include your money on the payment so you should expect a check of $7,000. this

excess is for my shipper that will be coming for pickup of the goods from your location,

the funds will be used for the shipping of the {1994 HARLEY-DAVIDSON SPORTSTER 1200} along side other goods i

placed order for in care of my shipper to handle for me, i imply that as soon as you

receive my payment cash and and deduct your money for the item ($3,995) and then

proceed to a western union outlet and have my shipping Charges Paid to My delivery

Company as soon as you receive the cheque and also have deduct an extra $100 for your

stress of cashing and the cost of wiring the remaining funds to my shipper that same day

you receive my payment.

My Shipper will come for pick up of the goods on a specified date that will be convenient

for you i hope i can count on you for my balance I ALSO WANT THIS TO BASE ON TRUST

CAN I TRUST YOU?... Hope i can trust you with my shipping company charges. Please

acknowledge this email I have sent you and await my payment. I request you provide me

with your details, for Payment to be Issued and mailed out to you .

Details :

Name in full: , Address: , City: , State:

, Zip code:

, Phone#:

Thanks as I await your Payment Details.

Best Regards PAUL MAXWELL...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:37:57 -0800

Subject: Re: 1994 HARLEY-DAVIDSON SPORTSTER 1200

To: paul_m1001@hotmail.com

Why me? What do these guys do- scour cycletrader, ebay, etc.? I am thinking of telling whoever is interested in bike to just bring cash. If they can afford a money order or cashier's check, then they can afford to get it cashed. He sent me an earlier email in which his stilted english sounded somewhat wierd. Probably a good ol' boy from Nigeria.

Paul Maxwell <paul_m1001@hotmail.com> wrote:

Michael, don't do it! It is a scam! Not to worry though, I'll buy your bike. I'll send my agent right over with 200 shares of Enron stock. thumbsup.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Insist that his agent deliver the funds in cash and then, when the guy shows up, beat him to a pulp, take the cash and ride off into the distance on your bike.

How stupid do they think we are? If he can wire funds to you, he can wire them to his agent.

I hate these guys. There was a post awhile back on how to string one of these idiots along, I would find it, study the technique and then play with him till his head explodes.

Michael, don't do it! It is a scam! Not to worry though, I'll buy your bike. I'll send my agent right over with 200 shares of Enron stock. thumbsup.gif

Don't take the Enron stock, take my WorldCom, I have lots. dopeslap.gif

They're not just hitting bike/car sellers. I sold one of my horses a few months back, she was one the market for a few months. I probably got at least 3 variations of the e-mail you received.

What is really scary for me is the thought that there must still be people stupid enough to believe this well-publicized scam.

Even worse they might be reproducing and driving on the roads with us! eek.gif (Hopefully not at the same time! blush.gif)

Insist that his agent deliver the funds in cash and then, when the guy shows up, beat him to a pulp, take the cash and ride off into the distance on your bike.

How stupid do they think we are? If he can wire funds to you, he can wire them to his agent.

I hate these guys. There was a post awhile back on how to string one of these idiots along, I would find it, study the technique and then play with him till his head explodes.

http://www.419eater.com/index.htm

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

Shoot.. I have a check from one of them for my bike last year. It was drawn on a "Canadaian" (sic) bank.. lmao.gif And of course it was for way more than I was asking for the bike. Also, it was on an International Money Order that had $5,000.00 limit but was made out for $12,000 Canadian dollars. I strung him along for awhile.. made him call me.. at HIS expense. clap.gif Had fun for awhile.. then he figured out I was messing with him I guess, didn't hear from him again.

Probably a good ol' boy from Nigeria.

I'm not sure you can say that here... ooo.gif

I think you did lmao.gif

Not say what?? "Good old boy"? Since when is that an ethnic slur? Now Honky, that's an ethnic slur and you can't say that here... dopeslap.gif

Also, it was on an International Money Order that had $5,000.00 limit but was made out for $12,000 Canadian dollars.

$12,000 Canadian dollars? Isn't that like $12,000 in US dollars right now?

lmao.gif

Archived