IGNORED

Any archers/bowhunters?

bowcop

My name is Tim......and I am an archery addict. There! I said it outloud! I'm fortunate that I have several sponsers for my habit! I am sponsered by PSE archery, Boormans archery and Truball releases. My biggst passion is bowhunting for elk....but I also am a fanatic archery competitor. My forte' is 3D compititions with some indoor spots thrown in to keep me sharp. I am also a certified archey instructor, so that keeps me busy too.

Anyone else got the arrow bug? >>>------->

Tim

Dave McReynolds

Picture below is one I brought down with my Black Widow a few weeks ago in southern New Mexico. Also like to hunt pigs here in CA, and elk in Colorado. For the last several years, pretty much all the meat we've eaten I've taken with my bow. Except for a couple dozen ducks taken with my shotgun....and some fish. I'm a traditional archer, love the Black Widow bows, and have attended Fred Asbell's trad clinic at the Black Widow bowworks in Nixa, MO.

Davidsdeer2.jpg

My brother and I are both bowhunters....Only problem is he lives in Alaska and I live in Florida....Here's a couple of shots from this years hunt my brother is the big guy in front....

256035675_uuRv6-L.jpg

Here's one to give you idea of size...

256035768_pPDsk-L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Dave McReynolds

A similar question was posed in reverse on Tradgang (traditional archery bowhunting website), getting similarly few responses. Guess we don't have to worry about much crossover competition in either sport! But a couple of interesting pictures were posted. The first one is Ron LaClair, who is a fairly prominent name in trad archery circles, but I didn't know he biked, and the caption to the second one was "My bike came with a built in bow holster. It also fits a Thompson Submachinegun."

RonLaClair.jpg

archerybike.jpg

I shoot mainly traditional but an elbow problem had me carrying a compound in '06 when I killed this antelope. I make my own recurves and longbows but also have a Black Widow and several other "factory" bows.

92301142_ezEps-M.jpg

Archived