IGNORED

Date of Spring Torrey 2005!

KMG_365

Spring Torrey will be held the weekend before the weekend of US Memorial Day.

The Gathering starts Friday, on the 10th day before Memorial Day. (I think this is always Victoria Day weekend!)

(Fall Torrey will be held the last FULL weekend of the month of September, one with both a Saturday and Sunday in September. The Gathering starts on Friday.)

The HQ will be Randy Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge located at 12 West Main Street in Torrey.

(N 38* 17.968' W 111* 25.322')

>>>The Chuckwagon's web site is here.<<<

And the phone number is: (800)863-3288 or (435)425-3335 or Fax:(435)425-3434

Some things to keep in mind:

1) It does fill up early, but there are also a lot of last minute cancellations, which are filled first-come-first-serve from the waiting list.

2) Remember, even if you don't get a room at the Chuckwagon when you call, be sure to get on the waiting list! Cancellations will be offered to folks on the list and I got a room when I called at the last minute when I was twelfth on the list last year! eek.gif

3) If you cancel, your room will be filled from the waiting list--not from someone who you want to give it to. Therefore:

4) Get your roommate(s) name(s) on the room with you, should you have to cancel.

5) If you have to cancel your room--do it as soon as you know you can't make it--this saves Randy a huge last-minute rush-headache and makes it possible for others on the waiting list to get a room and cancel their other arrangements.

Any corrections or anything else I'm missing? If so, please add it here. I'll make this thread a calendar entry and "keep" it so that it will be here for future searches.

Thanks and see you there! thumbsup.gif

BTW, BMWSportTouring.com's Death Valley Daze will be held every Martin Luther King Day weekend in Beatty, NV! See the calendar entry for January for the details! cool.gif

• 2 months later...

I have put a list of lodging possibilities with phone numbers etc. here

Feel free to update it. If you have questions or comments please don't post them on this thread - let's keep it clean as a calendar entry.

I am planning on attending the Fall Torrey and the DV ride next year. I have a buddy who lives in Park City, UT who has a older Gold Wing. Is he welcome?

I put the fall date on my calendar. Been there with my BH in our 5th wheel and love that Torrey area.

Thanks for the information.

OOPS...sorry I did not see that this tread is for calendar information only. blush.gif

Been there with my BH in our 5th wheel and love that Torrey area.

BH?? As in Bassett Hound??

BTW, welcome to the forums. C'mon up to Mayberry and say hi some time. thumbsup.gif

Gleno...

I will give you a call. We are about to buy a lot in BC. My BH (Better Half) thinks we need to be in Clean Green Boulder City after a life time in the valley.

Mike

(Fall Torrey will be held the last FULL weekend of the month of September, one with both a Saturday and Sunday in September. The Gathering starts on Friday.)

So, just to be clear, that's Sept 23-25, 2005, right?

DID YA LOOK IN THE CALENDAR?

You did that deliberately to torture me didn't you! wink.gif

DID YA LOOK IN THE CALENDAR?

You did that deliberately to torture me didn't you! wink.gif

Yes, I did, but I just wanted to be double sure, since I'm planning a couple of other trips around that date.

So, will someone just confirm that damn date for me, or must I keep wading through these mysteries? grin.gif

So, will someone just confirm that damn date for me, or must I keep wading through these mysteries? grin.gif
I could go to the Chuckwagon tomorrow and see if they have that date reserved if that would make you happy...
I could go to the Chuckwagon tomorrow and see if they have that date reserved if that would make you happy...

Actually, I called there and Roger B. has signed up. But other than that, it's just me. And she (Michelle) was not holding any rooms. In other words, they didn't know it was a BMWST weekend. That's kind of what was making me nervous since by my calculations it was that weekend--but the hotel didn't have any such news. smile.gif

Archived