IGNORED

Off to the Texas Hill Country for Presidents

Big_Bend

Howdy ya'll...

This is kinda last minute. But I'm gona leave Houston around 10am tomorrow Sunday morning. I haven't ridden my bike out to the Texas Hill Country yet. This will be my first good ride since I had my Epic trip out to California last October, I'm overdue for a nice ride. So, who's with me? grin.gif

I should be West of San Antonio on Hwy 90 sometime around 2pm. After that I'm just gona head for the hills, and wouldn't mind meeting up with some other riding folks who wana join the spontaneous fun. I'm gona take camping gear, maybe stay at Garner or Lost Maples or Concan or Leakey or just see what happens. I wana ride the 330's Twisted Sister roads and some other choice beautiful rides. Then Monday morning Presidents Day hit a few more before heading back home to Houston.

Anyway leme know if you wana meet up somewhere.. I'm bringing some camping gear, the weather is gona be beautiful, clear and cool. I'll have a little stove and pot for boiling water. When camping I like to eat instant soup, oatmeal, hot chocolate, fruit, that sorta thing...

I'm taking my notebook with cell card, will check for updates as the day progresses, PM me for my cell # if you wana join. I'll give a trip report with pics should be fun.

And if all ya'll busy and can't make it.. well I'll still have alot of fun. smile.gif

TTFN.. Allen clap.gif

I'd sure love to join you!

The wife decided she would come home to Texas for the weekend so riding is out...or I would be out dopeslap.gif

If you want to try something fun try running the 674 from Rocksprings to Bracketville. A little known treat in the area.

If you want to enjoy the back roads a little sooner, pick up 46 east of San Antonio and take it all the way into Bandera or pick up Bandera road (Hwy 16) that terminates in downtown San Antonio and takes you north to Bandera, Medina and Kerrville.

Have fun--it looks like it is going to be a perfect day.

Hey thanks for the advice.. ya 46 to 16 to Bandera looks great, then around to Medina, Leakey, and finally Garner State Park.. I haven't been there in years. 300 miles, should be an awesome day.

L8r.. Allen

Having wonderful time, wish you were here. The weather is perfect, in the 70s.

I've stopped at Guadalupe State Park around 2:30 for a little lunch and rest. Its beautiful out here! Will get some pics uploaded soon.

Whip has PMed me saying he's just up the road a bit in the town of Pipe Creek. I'll see if I can meet up with him there.

After that I'm making my way to Garner State Park for camping tonight.. hopefully I can get a campsite by the Rio Frio.

Take care everybody.. Allen

Archived