IGNORED

Early Spring So. Calif. Desert Mini Rally & Campout......

yerguy

A couple years ago,about this time of the year early spring, I was riding the north San Diego/south Riverside county back roads on my Triumph Sprint ST.

That day I saw oodles and oodles of BMW's on the road everywhere!! RT's, RS's, GS's LT's, airheads, oilheads, hex heads. They were everywhere!!!!

Later, I spoke to an old airhead rider taking a break in Warner Springs with his bike loaded to the gills that rode down from Santa Rosa to Borrego in one big push. In the rain we'd had the day before no less!!

Asking him about the unusual number of BMW's I'd seen on the road, he related he was on his way to an annual early spring mini rally and campout held in one of the Borrego desert area campgrounds every year. Said it's a pretty big gathering, and lots of fun. Planned rides for both the on and off road enthusiasts, but exclusively BMW.

I don't recall exactly when this was, but it was early spring, Feb, March, maybe even early April.

Now that I have finally joined the enlightened, I'd like to visit this event, maybe camp for the weekend.

But I've had NO luck finding any info. Scouring the LA, So. Calif and owners forums, I find nothing regarding this get together.

I'm hoping a member here might know something about this event?? Dates,location,sign up,fees, etc??

Regards,

Dan'l

Hi Dan

I am a member of the South Coast BMW Riders Club here in Orange County. We go out to Borrego Springs every year for a campout. Usually in Jan. but last year it was in March. The campout this year is Feb. 29-Mar.2. The campground is located at the western end of Borrego Springs up against the mountains. For more info go to www.scbmwrc.com. Typical attendance can range from 10-25 people. As a matter of fact I was just out there camping last weekend with some friends and it was beautiful. Another great campground near there is Agua Caliente Hot Springs on S2 going east towards Ocotillo. Cost is $10/pp per night for non members.

Archived