IGNORED

What to do at an Unrally

randy

At the 2007 UnRally, there were many "associated" events that rally attendees participated in. I know of a few

white water rafting

mountain repelling

horse back riding

I am sure there were other events, I was not aware of.

For this unrally my wife, and both son's will be attending with me, and so I am arranging organzing some side events. I know most riders come for just that the riding, but I really enjoyed the one day i spent white water rafting.

So in the next week or so, I will be organzing a similar event for this years Unrally. As of right now, it will be planned for Tuesday July 8.

I have contacted the John Day county Chamber of commerce and the state tourist association and will be receiving information. Once I have a detail plan and cost, I will open a thread for signing up. In the meantime, if you are interested, you might keep Tuesday July 8 open.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the 2008 UnRally.

If you would like to check out some of the Oregon tourist events www.traveloregon.com is a very nice site.

I'll be having a beer tasting party while I wait for everyone to get back from the great roads. I figure if everyone brings their favorite micro brew from their neck of the woods I'll be all set.

Hi Randy -

I will be interested in seeing what you find out for July 8th. I am also thinking of visiting Atlanta/Murietta GA sometime this year on an RT. Also, as you are planning in John Day, I would like to see what else may be available to take in while in your home area of Georgia. I wonder if you can you tell me when you would recommend coming to the Atlanta/Murietta area and what events you would take in while there at that time? My non-riiding friend tells me either spring or fall is best, can you be more specific? I am thinking of good retirement sites, so will visit a few states this year, one of which is Georgia. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

thumbsup.gifSteve

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I would like to see what else may be available to take in while in your home area of Georgia. I wonder if you can you tell me when you would recommend coming to the Atlanta/Murietta area
Hi Steve! Glad to see you considering the Un. I'd like to ask you guys to take the Georgia discussion over to the Ride Planning forum. I want to keep this UnRally forum pure of purpose and not dilute it too much. Now then, if someone decides to start a Pied Piper run from Georgia, then by all means post away.

Thanks for understanding! smile.gif

I understand. I actually started writing about Georgia in a PM to Randy, and could not make it work since he was not "in my directory". Not knowing how to put him into my directory, I rewrote the message here. Can you direct me to info on how to put someone in your directory? Thanks again for understanding. blush.gif

• 1 month later...

BMW Riders of Oregon will be having the annual Chief Joseph Rally in John Day June 19-22 (as in the past). Their web site has some information about John Day, which will probably be added to as time passes.

2008 CJ Rally

Here are some photos from last year:

2007 Pics

Archived