IGNORED

Hell to get old.

Bud

On March 18th, I will have surgery on my right shoulder to put in some new "bearing surfaces". Titanium!!!! clap.gifclap.gif

Been putting up with this for a while and decided to get "get 'er done" this spring. Will cramp my riding for a while but then I should be able to ride pain free. thumbsup.gif

No warranty left on this old pharts body. lmao.gif

Dave McReynolds

I've found that if I go to lunch with an old friend I haven't seen for a while, we could spend the whole lunchtime talking about the various parts of our bodies that either have been, are in process of, or will be needing an overhaul....if we can remember them all crazy.gif

Good luck on your shoulder operation!

AdventurePoser
On March 18th, I will have surgery on my right shoulder to put in some new "bearing surfaces". Titanium!!!! clap.gifclap.gif

Been putting up with this for a while and decided to get "get 'er done" this spring. Will cramp my riding for a while but then I should be able to ride pain free. thumbsup.gif

No warranty left on this old pharts body. lmao.gif

Cheer up. Soon this will be you:

37344670.jpg

Steve in So Cal

Jerry Johnston

Be 70 this month and knock on wood I haven't had to get any bionic body parts yet. The worst part is all my friends my age and older are dying off on me.

Cheer up. Soon this will be you:

37344670.jpg

So, how much would that be, adjusted for inflation, in 2008 dollars? wink.gif

Hang in there, Bud, and best wishes for a quick and comfortable recovery. Seems like most people think getting older is better than the alternative.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I just checked the Wunderlich catalog - I think there's a carbon fiber alternative.

That there is funny! grin.gif

Heal quick Bud! smile.gif

Bud, get well! I expect you will be all good before the snow melts around your place. Isn't it wonderful that nowadays some spare parts are available for our worn out bodies? I have implant lenses after cataract surgery in both eyes. I see better than at age 30. With my recent leg fracture they already told me that if I'll have a lot of arthritis pain, no problem, I can get a new knee. Too bad there is no replacement brain when that goes bad...

Only the tough live to an old age.

You have to be tough to put up with the aches and opains.

Of course there is the old DuPont slogan "Better living through better chemistry"!

Bob

Bud,

Glad you're getting this done; that "pain free" part is a biggie. Sure makes a heck of a difference in riding enjoyment!

I put off (partial) knee replacement for too long. (As you know) had it done last November & am just now back to riding with some semblance of competence and/or confidence. Now, every time I ride it's so much more enjoyable!

It's true; with all the options available to us today, we really are "not getting old, we're getting better"! smile.gif

Heal well.

Thanks for all of the words of encouragement and PM's.

This is a great community. Members here show a lot of compassion and empathy as we continue our journey.

As my sailboat friend says "It's all good!"

I've found that if I go to lunch with an old friend I haven't seen for a while, we could spend the whole lunchtime talking about the various parts of our bodies that either have been, are in process of, or will be needing an overhaul....if we can remember them all crazy.gif

Good luck on your shoulder operation!

Organ recitals!!

Here's to a quick heal, Bud.

Not too long ago I was sitting around with my wife, brother-in-law and sister-in-law and I realized we had spent the last 30 minutes discussing what medications everyone is taking. We had spent a lot of time trying to decide what worked best for the various aches and pains we all feel after doing simple activities we used to take for granted. Suddenly I thought: what the hell, we are all in our upper 40s to mid 50s. Not even old yet! Too young to feel this way!

Getting older is hell, but it sure beats the alternative.

Good luck with your surgery. Heal quickly and well.

Bud, too bad that this has to be done, but just think about the good old days, you know, when none of this was possible. These are marvelous times we are passing through.

After the Titanium shoulder, and a few other bits...

robocop.jpg

Seems like you have never seen a picture of me. I look that way now. lmao.gif

You're sure it's not more like this??

GarlandAndfriendsOz_ColorOilingTinMan.jpg

robocop.jpg

Wow, Leslie, that's cold. wink.gif

As far as I can tell from what he writes, I think Bud has a heart. wave.gif

You did mean the Tin Man, didn't you? grin.gif

robocop.jpg

Love ya, Grandma!

When last i spent time with Bud, he did, indeed, prove to have a big heart and he wasn't dressed in gingham. grin.gif

I was thinking more of the oil being applied to that right shoulder. lmao.gif

Bud, too bad that this has to be done, but just think about the good old days, you know, when none of this was possible. These are marvelous times we are passing through.

You are absolutely right Paul. How fortunate we are to be able to afford and receive such great medical care. Mostly an accident of birth. That is, we are lucky to live in the US when one looks around the rest of the world.

As a former boss (the best I ever had) would say "Bud, it's just another bump in the road". thumbsup.gif

Archived