IGNORED

Happy Valentines Day!!

KrazyHorse

Ok, I'm curious. What did you get/give today?

We are camping this weekend with my girlfriends and our horses near Sebring. He'll be the only guy. eek.gif In order to make this happen, he'll have to give up some of his sleep (he works nights) to bring my horse and all of our camping gear over to my buddy's house so she can bring it over. I get off at 5:00 and then we are heading over on our bikes. (Yeah! Real pony and chrome pony in one weekend!!!)

He also has to give up some sleep today to meet with farrier to get my horse's feet trimmed. So I told him not to get me anything since Valentine's day is supposed to be about showing your love, and doing all that stuff for/with me is the most honest way he could show me that he loves me.

We also rode to breakfast this morning and he is making me dinner tonight. Yeah, I got it good. thumbsup.gif

Oh, and I got him a little gift bag with the candy he likes, some Tag bodyspray (I know he wanted to try but would NEVER buy for himself) and some other fancy shaving related stuff...and later...uumm nevermind. wink.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday

Got her seven valentine's day cards. Each one has a scratch-off lottery ticket in it. She gets up about an hour after I do, so I put one by the bathroom sink before I left for work this morning, one tucked behind her cereal box in the kitchen, and one wedged in the steering wheel of her car. I have three more squirrelled away for presentation/discovery this evening, but for the life of me I can't remember what the hell I did with the seventh one. confused.gifdopeslap.gif

Also got her a book, "Against Happiness." Sounds weird, I know, but she recently finished "Happier" and was not inredibly impressed by it so this gets presented as both a joke and a counterpoint. grin.gif

Dinner tonight will be pizza - a really top-notch one, delivered with a big fat slice of New York style cheesecake. thumbsup.gif

I made Russell his favorite dinner in the crock pot last night so he can have it tonight, and bought him a little cheesecake with strawberry swirl for dessert.

I don't really like either of those, so I'm going to have a TV dinner tonight. smirk.gif

For me, we'll go to a favorite restaurant of mine some other time, when restaurants aren't so croweded! thumbsup.gif

nOTHING tODAY -- but tomorrow Moose & I will head to our restaurant of choice...the Latin King -- it's where we had our wedding reheasal dinner thingie-majingie -- 7 years ago...(*ann'y is on Sunday the 17th) thumbsup.gifclap.gif

Two dozen roses and a couple of cards.

We'll have a quiet dinner with the family and then open up some wine after our son goes to bed and relax.

Tomorrow night, B-52s tickets.

I was making him a fabulous dinner tonight but work seems to have gotten in the way. I work for a large foodservice company and seem to have nothing but problems today. It's not like it's V-day or anything. Not like my restaurants will be busy or anything. Sheesh! I'll be glad when it's over.

Meanwhile, my homemade heart shaped lobster ravioli will have to wait until tomorrow.

What did he get me? An air filter for the furnace. (I get one every year!) Oh, and he's letting me get a new bike. grin.gif

Bah Humbug! Although I did eat three of those little heart shaped candies from the bowl full at the post office, I told the postmaster that was as close to romance as I get thumbsup.gif

Jamie's on duty--3 days in a row.

But then I hear how much I'm loved multiple times, every single day. That makes every day Valentine's Day at our house.

I am making Cincinnati Chili for Mark (not something I like). I got an e-card this morning. Neither of us is really much for romantic gestures-it just isn't really our style.

He also just got a new wide angle Sigma lens that he has been drooling over-but that was not specifically a VDay thing...it was just something he wanted and I told him to go get.

But then I hear how much I'm loved multiple times, every single day. That makes every day Valentine's Day at our house.
And that's what it's all about...

Jan got me an orchid. I'm going to let him take care of it so it doesn't die. eek.gif

And some nice cut flowers. smirk.gif

I brought him Chinese food. grin.gif

Shhh, he doesn't know about the gas tank project for this week-end, yet. blush.gif

My wife and I abstain. Clearly lots of folks enjoy celebrating v-day, and we respect that, but we express our devotion to each other all the time in all kinds of ways, and we just don't feel the need to do (or BUY) anything different today just because Hallmark says we should. But then we also sneer at de Beers commercials, too. smile.gif

I did send her this, however. She was thrilled. smile.gif

995429-funny-pictures-baboon-butt-heart.jpg

995429-funny-pictures-baboon-butt-heart.jpg.296feacf6cea433c9acdd631a3a82cc0.jpg

995429-funny-pictures-baboon-butt-heart.jpg

My sendiments exactly lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Nothing - and liked it thumbsup.gif

...okay maybe I'm still a little bitter.

Archived