IGNORED

Sunday Long So Cal Ride

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

Ok,

Are you ready to burn up some miles on Sunday? Meet me at Grand Ave and the 210 Fwy in Glendora at 0645, for wheels rolling at 0700!

Where to? Well, for sure it'll be to a place where they don't end sentences with prepositions! But, beyond that, I have a great route planned!

We'll cruise up the 210 to the 134 to the 101 NB. Then, we'll head north on CA33, going over the mountains to 166. We'll dip into Maricopa, getting some gas and maybe stopping for coffee at a little coffee shop we've visited before.

We'll head up thru the oil fields, riding through the US National Strategic Reserve before jumping on CA 41WB. The old hotel in McKittrick, the monument for James Dean, and Santa Rosa Rd into Cambria are on the agenda for rest stops,photos, etc. We may even have time for the cafe in Parkville, the "earthquake capital of the world."

In Cambria, we'll most likely eat at the Main St Cafe, home of very reasonably priced BBQ. From Cambria, it'll be time to wind our way home.

Oil fields? Mountains? Incredibly technical twisties? Great food? Friends? Some high speed miles?

This is the ride on Sunday. We hope to see you at Denny's at 0700!

Cheers,

Steve

BTW-live in TO, Ventura, West LA? We'll swing by the McDonald's at Kanaan and US101 at 0800 and pick you up!

AdventurePoser

MB,

I am guessing around 1300. I am hoping to be there a bit sooner, but you never know. I really don't want to be there much later, as we do have about a 250 mile ride home after we eat....

Hope you can join us for lunch. If you are early, say 11 or so, you could hang out in Morro Bay and then ride to the restaurant. Morro Bay is only 15-20 minutes south of Cambria....

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

You mean some more of this:

142_1262.jpg

And this:

142_1242.jpg

and this:

142_1245.jpg

and this:

142_1246.jpg

So the dates are wrong, I was having to much fun riding!!

I'll be back, I gotta do some re-scheduling! grin.gif

AdventurePoser

If it looks bad back there, we'll do I-5 to 166 and ride straight to Maricopa. Sure, it is some slab, but we'll get to the good stuff that much faster....

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

I think it'll be OK doing 33 if you don't do it too early. It's been warm enough to go up to Newcomb's without much problem.

I'd love to do this with you guys but Stig's got my shocks for the KRS and I won't be able to get down there to pick them up until Monday morning. Unfortunately, taking the 996 is out of the question, so don't ask. Not that it's unworthy, it's just a little to long of a ride on it nowadays. Especially since I'll have a very comfortable KRS with newly rebuilt Ohlins a week later dopeslap.gif

Steve,

I'm in . . . vicariously. I wasted 15 minutes of Mapsource time, plotting out your route. I starting looking at the shapes of the roads and envisioning elevation changes and the desert brown vegetation in the hills. Before long I was swooping down 33. I dialed it up out of the turns on 41 and generally hooned my way through the mountains. Cruising into Cambria I smelled the BBQ and pulled up with my mouth watering. I shut the RT down and was lost in the slow tinking of the pipes when my elbow slipped off my desk and I was jarred back to the northeast. Have a great ride. Sigh . . . winter sucks. grin.gif

Then, we'll head north on CA33, going over the mountains to 166.
Last Sunday I rode the reverse route with Cal Coast Riders over 154 to Foxen Cyn, Tepusquet Cyn, to 166, to New Cuyama, then south on Hwy 33 over the Pine Mtn "bump" down to Ojai, etc. Heading north from Pine Mtn Inn ("Wolf's") to the summit and then nearly all the way to Ozena Station, watch for mucho dirt, sand and debris from recent snow and rains. Lots of folks playing in the snow along the road near the top, but no ice early afternoon. Just don't plan on having a clean scoot when you arrive home (hey, I washed mine that night)!

thumbsup.gif

Jeff

304050225.jpg

Woo hoo! I think this will shape up to be a great ride.

Steve in So Cal

Just did my home work, its about 576 miles, this is going to be interesting.

AdventurePoser
I'm wondering if I have time for this... what time are you thinking you'll hit the Kanan Shell station?

Approximately 0800, Michael....Hope you can make it. Should be a great day for a long ride! thumbsup.gif

Steve in So CAl

AdventurePoser
Woo hoo! I think this will shape up to be a great ride.

Steve in So Cal

Just did my home work, its about 576 miles, this is going to be interesting.

WOW, that's a big day... clap.gif

S

AdventurePoser
So what time do you figure you'll get to the 101 & 33? smile.gif

Laney,

From Thousand Oaks to Ventura...say another 40 minutes?? Maybe a bit more.

Are you gonna join us?

clap.gif

Cheers,

Steve

I wish I could go with you guys, but I'll be working all day Sunday. The group ride last March was a lot of fun, but a long day of riding for me...790 miles! Hopefully I can tag along on the next ride.

Are you gonna join us?

wave.gif

We are - but we'll meet you at Kanan - I don't know my way around here yet, and didn't remember how close Kanan is to home.

Are you gonna join us?

wave.gif

We are - but we'll meet you at Kanan - I don't know my way around here yet, and didn't remember how close Kanan is to home.

20-25 min. would be my best guess.

Steve,

We're in, see you in Glendora.

Tim & Tess

So...Tim, about the tire change... after reading lots of different forum/site on instruction on tire change, I'm still feeling nervous about changing them... crazy.gifso, how about it...lets arrange some tech day at your place?

Archived