IGNORED

I am SICK of this weather...

Aluminum_Butt

Aluminum_Butt

Since I got back on a bike four years ago, I haven't experienced a winter where I couldn't at least get out a few times. The bike has been idle since before Thanksgiving. We've got over a foot of snow on the ground now, and except for a period of about two days, I can't remember when we didn't have snow on the ground (and I thought it was safe to ride) since Dec 1. Based on the forecast, the snow will be with us through the end of Feb. It did get up to 60 one day, but rained for most of it, and I had other committments anyway.

I am having serious withdrawls. I WANNA RIDE.

Thanks for reading my rant. You may now return to a more interesting thread.

Francois_Dumas

Do like we do... move to the south of France !

(well.... at least we PLANNED to do that.... hey, its a start! grin.gifgrin.gif ).

I hear you loud and clear. I've got a 12 foot pile of snow in front of my place...

Wrenching on bikes Saturday, my buddy's needing more work than mine - so I told him let's get yours done first, maybe I can at least ride to work this week...

Saturday night I start feeling like hell- nasty flu coming on. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - sunny and 45, clear roads (snow on the sides, but no ice) and I'm sick as a dog - not safe for me to negotiate steps let alone ride a motorcycle.

Today I feel half human - snow advisory in effect. Arg.

russell_bynum

80 degrees and sunny here last weekend.

I commuted on the Tuono for the first time in a very long time (over a year) yesterday. It was mid 60's and not a cloud to be seen when I rolled out in the morning.

Today looks to be more of the same.

wave.gif

Aluminum_Butt

Yeah, I actually lived in Wildomar for a couple of years - left in 2003. This time of year is beautiful. Wish I'd had dirt bikes there. Don't miss Lake Elsinore one bit, though.

Well, thank God you don't live in So. Cal. The weather here is beyond terrible. Yeah, way beyond. You wouldn't believe it. Yeah, that's the ticket, it's awful. dopeslap.gif

russell_bynum
Don't miss Lake Elsinore one bit, though.

What...you've got something against illegal aliens, run-down trailer parks, and cops sitting on the corner in front of the meth labs (with the smells of meth production) writing tickets for people who go 5mph over the speed limit?

Geez man...lighten up.

grin.gif

I propose a mutual aid swap. Since the weather here is usually nice enough to ride most of the winter, I never have enough time to work on my bike. And since your weather is so terrible that you never can ride, why don't we work out a swap. I'll send my bike up there to be serviced and farkled, and you send yours down here to be ridden.

Think of the envy from your friends when you tell them that you got your bike out last weekend for a two hundred mile ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Just don't mention that it was a guy in North Carolina riding it. And, shoot, you're going to be out in the garage working on a bike anyway all winter, it might as well be one that really needs and appreciates it.

So you see, win-win. Just let me know when yours is arriving. wink.gif

Since I got back on a bike four years ago, I haven't experienced a winter where I couldn't at least get out a few times. The bike has been idle since before Thanksgiving. We've got over a foot of snow on the ground now, and except for a period of about two days, I can't remember when we didn't have snow on the ground (and I thought it was safe to ride) since Dec 1. Based on the forecast, the snow will be with us through the end of Feb. It did get up to 60 one day, but rained for most of it, and I had other committments anyway.

Snow? What Snow?

247766961-L.jpg

I commuted on the Tuono for the first time in a very long time (over a year) yesterday. It was mid 60's and not a cloud to be seen when I rolled out in the morning.

wave.gif

Don't be so cocky, Russell. It's supposed to be down to 65 by Thursday. I'm gonna have to get the Gerbings out. grin.gif

russell_bynum

wave.gif

Don't be so cocky, Russell. It's supposed to be down to 65 by Thursday. I'm gonna have to get the Gerbings out. grin.gif

grin.gif

I got a four-day weekend coming up and the dirt bike is calling me, so it'd be OK with me if it were a little cooler.

Hard freeze tonight, but up to 60 later.

All the snow has

cleared up and we have much better reception on the telly now. lmao.gif

AdventurePoser

Hey, that's ok, because I feel the same way. This past weekend it was in the mid-eighties. It was a real quandary-do I wear the perforated gear, which would mean digging it out of the closet, or do I just throw on the Stich, and be hot?

Then there are other issues not related to riding...do I turn on the sprinklers and water? What about weeding and mowing? How do I dress for work? Turn off the furnace for the winter? Aaargh.

So, I hear you my brother....this weather is really causing problems!

Steve in So Cal

medium.jpg

Snow good. smile.gif

92799620.jpg

A little place to stay...

92799827.jpg

And something to get you from here to there.

92799943.jpg

Tight-twisty stuff in the woods, with WOT stretches on the lakes (55mph speed limit only from sundown-> sunup)

kNAPPY..I love sleddin'..but as this is really the ONLY really heavy local snowfall and complete land covering for months on end I couldn't justify the purchase.

Thanks for the pix..!

Funny - the coldest I've ever been was on a bike and the warmest was diggin' my sled out after I plowed it in some soft white...go figger dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Hannabone, you could justify anything~~~get the sled!! thumbsup.gif

The rest, stop complaining and get out there, walk, run, cross country ski, sled, downhill, snow-shoe, do something and it won't feel so bad. Buffalo re-defines winter.

"Amen" from this corner of the congregation.

About 6 years ago, I gave myself the MSF BRC for my 40th birthday, to get back into riding. I enjoyed it, but vowed not to buy a bike until the following spring. Then I proceeded to see and hear bikes all winter, but didn't have one of my own. By March, I succumbed and bought my first street bike. Three days later it snowed 30"+. My winter riding kharma improved for a while after that, but last winter we got back-to-back deep snows that kept me off the bike for more than 6 weeks at a time. This year the bike has been parked since Thanksgiving. Then, that damn rodent saw his shadow a couple of weeks ago. 6" of fresh powder here overnight. Grr. Enough already.

Todd, this is year two for the 'doo. 600SDI MXZ(Rev) w/ the "Blizzard" package (slightly better shocks, but not T/A like the X package stuff). My Yamaha still lives on, another buddy Todd bought it. The 'doo is just plain lighter. This years big upgrade was the clutch kit. What a difference.

'Bone, it should be noted that the good riding is not near home. smile.gif It never is. Justifying the purchase of the sled is hard. But rentals aren't THAT expensive, and if you know someone like my buddy Todd who keeps a few older sleds around, it can be downright reasonable.

But ya, plenty to do in winter.

Steve,

I'll give you the fact that snow recreation looks/is fun (sledding, skiing, cross country, snow-mobiling, etc.).

However, it's the living day to day in the snow that I don't know how you guys manage. I had to go to the grocery store in the cold wind last night and I was wasn't happy about it (yes, our 80 degree weather gave way to a cold front moving through; Russell had to go and be cocky about the weather! tongue.gif ) And mind you, our cold wind is a balmy day for you guys.

Yeah, I'm sick of it too!

34 degrees when I left the house this morning, sunny and clear though, so I got that going for me, and it's nearly 70 out now for the ride home...

However, it's the living day to day in the snow that I don't know how you guys manage.

We are strong.

wave.gif

Seriously tho, it's like when people ask you how you ride motorcycles long distances. You don't think about it. It's just "normal". You just do it.

Now for me the killers are the larger deltas. Going from 80 to 40 would do it. Or even from 10F to 60 for a day, it's just hard to adjust.

russell_bynum
However, it's the living day to day in the snow that I don't know how you guys manage.

We are strong.

wave.gif

We are stupid.

Po-TAY-to, Po-TAH-to.

We are stupid.

If you're that unhappy, and don't move, maybe so...

I'm getting the sled out again next weekend. This weather has been great. smile.gif

We are stupid.

lmao.gif

As for the big weather changes, that's annoying, but it gives us something else to bitch about besides housing prices and illegal immigration. thumbsup.gif

This should be our last winter here!!!! Going south baby!

I thought that was the law if you lived in NY or the midwest or a certain Canadian province, that at a certain age you have to move to Florida where you will proceed to complain incessantly about the lack of authentic food from <your last home state> and begin to drive 9 miles under the speed limit in the left lane with your turn signal on... lmao.gif

It gives Floridians some to bitch about so come on down... wave.gif

Hey, hey, Damn Yankee

Damn_Yankees.jpg

It SNOWED in Ramona yesterday. We came home to find the ranch covered in white. It was still there this morning. I'd post pictures but MOST of you know what the stuff looks like. tongue.gif

Archived