IGNORED

Anyone here affected by the BlackBerry outage?

steve.foote

I don't use one, but a lot of my customers do. Just curious how widespread this is, or whether it is just a figment of the media's imagination.

...whether it is just a figment of the media's imagination.

What incentive would R.I.M. have to notify the media that more than 50% of all North American customers have been affected? I'm not sure what you mean by "media." Seems to me that THEY are the ones initiating these reports.

Is it just the RIM services or does it also affect the phone (voice) part?

I don't have one but I have rebooted and hard reset my Treo with windows a few times today.........

h

What incentive would R.I.M. have to notify the media that more than 50% of all North American customers have been affected? I'm not sure what you mean by "media." Seems to me that THEY are the ones reporting this.

That's why I'm asking. I've read a couple of articles about this, but none indicated that RIM had reported this. The last article I read equated this incident to one ten months ago and lemented the lack of information from RIM as an amplifier to the problem.

I haven't heard complaints from any of my customers, so I don't know if they are being affected or not. But, I'd like to have a better answer tomorrow than, "I don't know."

My boss is! clap.gif

Oh-my-gawd, if he want something he'll actually have to pick up a phone (maybe with a cord no less!) and CALL one of us! Ohhhhh, the travesty of it all!

They don't call them CrackBerrys for nothing.

Umm, guess not. I didn't notice. Looks like I got some emails today, and a call. It works now, but I never noticed if it wasn't. Usually, I ignore it when it rings anyway. blush.gif

To be clear, however, I really like my BB, its a great device, I'm just not a gadget-head. . . and my clients don't have this number grin.gif.

It's all over the WSJ, Steve. That's the first place I checked.

Thanks, David. That's a much more informative article than what the AP is currently reporting.

AdventurePoser
I don't use one, but a lot of my customers do. Just curious how widespread this is, or whether it is just a figment of the media's imagination.

Mine's worked fine all day....

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

AdventurePoser
I don't have one but I have rebooted and hard reset my Treo with windows a few times today.........

h

That's why I bought a BB... lmao.gif

Steve in So Cal

russell_bynum

It was a nationwide outage. We were never notified by RIM, but all of the carriers (Sprint, Verizon, ATT) all notified us. RIM's support phone line was down for a while as well. When you could get through, you got a recorded message on their incendent hotline saying that basically all of North America was impacted in one way or another.

What we saw: All of our users had some sort of delay. Some had very lengthy delays and some were only impacted for a few hours.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Mine stopped for a few hours, but honestly it didn't affect me at all. I've been obscenely busy lately so if I don't get the constant updates buzzing on my hip, that was really acceptable.

The real-world experiences help a lot. While we really don't have anything to do directly with the BB's, we do deliver email to them through our exchange servers. When the mail stops, for any reason, we get the call. It's like some of our customers have us on #1 speed dial. dopeslap.gif

Archived