IGNORED

cycletrader

wolcott

Could someone do me a favor and see if you can go to the www.cycletrader.com site and get the multiple pics to the right of each bike to come up? I am in zip code 33903 and I chose under find tab, under find my cycle, powersport- I set to cruiser, manufacuter-I set to Harley-Davidson, under keyword-I typed in "sportster 1200" and under zip code, I typed in "33903". When I try to click on different pics, I get a yellow triangle in lower left of screen with message of "error on page." I tried disabling the yahoo pop-up blocker with no success, and I tried clicking on the pics with the PC in the other room and on my HP laptop with the same results. I am about to spend $100 on the deluxe package with 9 color pics on the website plus one pic in the South Florida Cycle Trader and am wondering what the heck is going on- if it's the computers, the ISP, or the cycletrader site. Thanks.

Aluminum_Butt

I get the same thing. If I click on the large picture, it brings up a pop up where I can navigate through all of the pics. But just clicking on the smaller ones from the main page gets me nothing but an error.

I'm using Internet Explorer 7. As you hear from other people, I'd suggest finding out what they are using as that may help narrow down the cause.

If you're talking about the click on pics on the left of each ad that go to all of the pics, it works fine on a mac with Firefox. I don't see a picture option on the right.

Doesn't work with IE7 or Firefox here, Leslie I think he is talking about the thumbnails to the right of the main picture in the individual bike page, it's a javascript link which seems to be broken.

Could someone do me a favor and see if you can go to the www.cycletrader.com site and get the multiple pics to the right of each bike to come up? I am in zip code 33903 and I chose under find tab, under find my cycle, powersport- I set to cruiser, manufacuter-I set to Harley-Davidson, under keyword-I typed in "sportster 1200" and under zip code, I typed in "33903". When I try to click on different pics, I get a yellow triangle in lower left of screen with message of "error on page." I tried disabling the yahoo pop-up blocker with no success, and I tried clicking on the pics with the PC in the other room and on my HP laptop with the same results. I am about to spend $100 on the deluxe package with 9 color pics on the website plus one pic in the South Florida Cycle Trader and am wondering what the heck is going on- if it's the computers, the ISP, or the cycletrader site. Thanks.

Michael, just tried it & all works fine here.. All pictures available.. I’m high speed with Comcast..

Twisty

Thanks for the replies. I just went back and between your replies and experimenting, I found out the only way it works. When you go to an ad, there is usually one pic in the center that is bigger than the rest. Then, usually some small thumbnail pics to the right. I was thinking you could just click on the thumbnails and they would enlarge- and maybe they are supposed to, but they don't. Anyhow, if I click on the main pic (the big one in the center) FIRST, then I see the word next (underlined and in blue text) with a thumbnail above it. If I click on next, then all the pics will rotate like a slide-show. I have to call tomorrow to get some questions answered tomorrow anyhow, so I will ask then.

Just talked to cycletrader. It took a while for me to get them to understand that people expect to be able to just click on the thumbnails to the right and have them enlarge. Instead, when you do that, nothing happens. As I stated above, you must FIRST click on the main bigger pic, and then you will see a thumbnail pic with the word "next" underlined in blue. You click on next repeatedly, and it works like a slide show. You think they could have put a few sentences someplace that explains that.

Aluminum_Butt
Just talked to cycletrader. It took a while for me to get them to understand that people expect to be able to just click on the thumbnails to the right and have them enlarge. Instead, when you do that, nothing happens. As I stated above, you must FIRST click on the main bigger pic, and then you will see a thumbnail pic with the word "next" underlined in blue. You click on next repeatedly, and it works like a slide show. You think they could have put a few sentences someplace that explains that.

This is crap. When you click on one of the thumbnails, it shows what it's attempting to do, but indicates it's erroring out. From a quick glance, I would say that clicking on any of the thumbnails is SUPPOSED to launch the popup slideshow window, with that particular thumbnail in view.

It was designed to do what we think it should do. Some geek screwed it up.

Archived