IGNORED

From the ashes--------- to be continued

whalerautumn

Well, for my first post to the forum I had envisioned the ultimate ride tale with lots of pictures and lots of excitement. However, I guess, that this was meant to be. My business has been in this location for 18 years. this is a picture from Friday night. Guess I will be spending a lot less time bouncing around the forum enjoying others ride tales for now.

Larry

993327-45resized.jpg.ac6a343811a2a3a3def1fcfe4f36efd1.jpg

I had as much insurance as I could afford. Hopefully enough to get back on my feet. I had three completed residentials in the shop at the time and will have to get back on my feet in a hurry. Fire was started by another tenant in the building and mishandled from the beginning. a major equipment acquisition this year will make restart harder still. If I were to reorder the same machine tomorrow delivery is somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 months. The negligence and liability issues will all come out in proceedings later but for now I will just carry on regroup and move forward. Kind of tough, though to watch your baby of 25 years that was started with 200 dollars of seed money from the grocery budget go up in smoke when it is not your fault.

Larry

The un is looking more like a day trip all the time. frown.gif

Francois_Dumas

Tough in ALL aspects, indeed. Sure hope you get back in business soon and that you will get money to re-build. The only good thing is (I assume) that nobody got physically hurt.

Crossing fingers for ya !

Tough in ALL aspects, indeed. Sure hope you get back in business soon and that you will get money to re-build. The only good thing is (I assume) that nobody got physically hurt.

Crossing fingers for ya !

Larry ... +1

"Kind of tough, though to watch your baby of 25 years that was started with 200 dollars of seed money from the grocery budget go up in smoke when it is not your fault"

Larry,

That just sucks!

Very glad to see your attitude is as positive as it appears to be. You'll be OK if you can just hang on to that attitude!

Hope to see you at the un!

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Fire was started by another tenant in the building
This is horrible news! Hopefully the tenant has the insurance or personal resources that you can gain access to to cover your losses and speed recovery. frown.gif

From the ashes indeed. You have a tough job ahead of you--mourning your loss while rebuilding your business. Just remember, as horrible as the loss feels, things burned. Your dream is alive and well. I have faith that you'll see it into reality again.

Archived