IGNORED

Colorado route suggestions

DKinsey

I am riding from Houston Texas to Evanston(S.E.corner) Wyoming in Aug. of this year 2-up on the LT and am looking for the best way to spend a couple of days getting through Colorado. I am also looking for suggestion's on a quick(1-2 day) tour through Yellowstone. Hope this is in the right place. Thanks.

From Durango, hwy 550 (the million dollar highway), then pick up 141 towards Gateway then Grand Junction. This is the San Miguel Canyon. Great rode!

From Durango, hwy 550 (the million dollar highway), then pick up 141 towards Gateway then Grand Junction. This is the San Miguel Canyon. Great rode!

Sounds great.....maybe to get there you could start in the southeast corner of CO in Trinidad and take 12 to 160(Wolf Creek Pass) then over to 550 north to 62 in Ridgeway then over to 145 and 141.

Stayin overnight in Ouray would be my choice.

BTW....leave a lot of extra time for pix and "wow moments" if you've never been.

I like entering Jellowstone from the south(191) by way of the Grand Tetons. Once you enter Jellystone heading north you only have two options. The western route is more forested but faster to get to Old Faithful. The eastern route is more like the great plains with better viewing spots for buffalo and other citizens Jellystone. Pick your route in advance by studying maps of Jellystone, make plans to stop and check out the assorted water falls and other points of interest before you get there, they are not well marked once you get in the park. Northern YNP is also very interesting, you could spend a week there and not see half of it, so planning is important.

Have Fun!!!

Whip

Ouray for sure. Billy Goat Gruff's has many wonderful beers on tap, and good food.

If you have the time, I'd go up through Leadville, then the Peak-to-Peak highway from I-70 to RMNP, over Trail Ridge, night in Grand Lake (another most excellent brew pub), then over to Steamboat and up into WY.

Archived