IGNORED

North Pole to Ushuia

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser
Jeez, ya freaked me out! I thought the timetble had been moved WAY up! Thought this was a Ride Tale!! eek.gif

Nah, but I've gone from the "Yeah, maybe I'd like to do that," to the serious planning stage. I've started to do some reading on Horizons Unlimited, and am developing some contacts in South America. So far I've spoken with people in Peru, Chile, and Brazil who have expressed an interest in meeting at various points along the way.

I think it's gonna be fun. Wanna come along? Three would not be a crowd!

grin.gif

cheers,

Steve in So Cal

I've done the bits between Alaska and San Diego and between Santiago, Chile and Ushuaia, Argentina. Problem is the bit in the middle is the most difficult, how you going to cross the Darien Gap? With your Central American criminal record the whole thing doesn't seem like a good idea...

AdventurePoser

Gonna put the bikes on a boat in Panama and ship 'em to Colombia.

And I won't be leaving the States until I am absolutely sure the Costa Ricans will let me go! thumbsup.gif

Did you enjoy your travels in SA?

Steve

Hi,

Catch Simon and Lisa Thomas's(2ridetheworld.com) presentation when they are down your way on the 16th at Irv Seaver BMW(see the website under"Whats New")

They can probably answer a lot of your questions.

JR356

AdventurePoser

I went to the South Coast BMW Riders club meeting this morning and heard about this. Unfortunately I have to work Wednesday night....go figure...

Many thanks for the tip though! thumbsup.gif

Steve in So Cal

Archived