IGNORED

Allie and Steve Ride with Pix

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

When Allie, my step daughter, was nine, we did some motorcycle riding together, and it was fun. But, as she grew up, other interests got her attention. Piano, ice skating, horseback riding, and then boys eek.gif all became more interesting than riding around on a motorcycle with an old guy!

So, it was surprising to me when Allie told me that she’d like to go out and ride again. I’m not sure what sparked her interest, but who was I to quibble? So, I asked her, when? She said, how about now?

Not needing any excuse to go for a ride, and hoping this day would come again, we had Allie suited up in five minutes. In ten minutes she was on the bike, plugged into the AutoCom system, and in 20 minutes we were eating California rolls at a local sushi place. I know, I know….sushi? Hey, I know Allie loves it, and what the heck, it was already a special day!

252955504_5sdVU-M.jpg

252951572_oYb3c-M.jpg

Shortly after lunch, we were waltzing our way up Glendora Mountain Road. If you don’t know this road, you should….it is 26 miles of incredible twists and turns before it empties out near Mt. Baldy. The big RT did its part, carrying us effortlessly to the intersection of GMR and the Ridge Road, where an earlier accident had closed the roadway.

We stopped and took a few pictures while I pointed out the sights we could see from nearly a mile’s elevation. Freighters were clearly visible in the Catalina Channel as were the skylines of LA, Long Beach, and Newport Beach. Far to the east San Jacinto stood out of the valley haze, beckoning us on a future ride…

252954918_DZr9F-M.jpg

Soon it was time to turn for home. It was a great experience, riding with Allie who is a natural passenger, and a terrific step daughter. We cannot wait for another ride. Maybe the next one will be a bit longer to another beautiful destination!

252950869_iEQQi-M.jpg

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

252984923_yBRK9-M.jpg

Steve, you are the coolest!!!!

That is an awesome portrait style shot of Allie.

Thanks for sharing in those moments that will last a lifetime! thumbsup.gif

AdventurePoser

Thanks, Phil. I was so proud of Allie-she did a great job, and had fun too.

Oh, BTW, remember Tony K is the coolest... lmao.giflmao.gif

Steve in So Cal

AdventurePoser

Thanks, she is still talking about it. I prolly gotta act fast and take her for another ride soon. Boys are a huge distraction when you are a fifteen year old girl. eek.gifdopeslap.gif

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

FIFTEEN!!!????!!!??? eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

How on earth did she get there already???? Tell Allie that I said she's beautiful.

It says something wonderful about your relationship that a fifteen year old step daughter would even give you the time of day much less actually want to spend time with you. Nice work Dad!

AdventurePoser

Thanks, I'll give her the message! And you are right about me being a lucky man. I totally agree, especially since I spend all day with teens, and so few of the kids I talk to who have remarried parents feel they have a relationship with the step parent. It's nice that a motorcycle can help bridge the gap!

So far, so good. Occasionally we test each other; I remind her that I am not her best friend-but a parent who loves her always, even if that means pulling in the reins sometimes.

She is a great kid, and I hope she'll continue riding with me every now and then! thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

Steve

my little girl is 21 !!!

next month my mum and dad have been married for 50 years so there is a bit of a bash.

My daughter has surprised me but accepted that we go on the bike.

I feel so priviliged , of course as her Dad I will ride to my best .

She once camr for a spin on the yam ...and has parents know sometimes kids are reticent ...Seems the young Miss Channa may have been bitten by the bug.

It is great Steve Allie is comfortable for a spin on the bike. It allows cementing of a bond ...all positive news.

thanks for your post

Channa

Hey Steve.

Nice pics of you and Allie. Could there be another rider in the family? Only time will tell. You may want to start throwing your change in the jar. You may need it down the road when she asks for her own bike. Have a great day.

AdventurePoser
I'm beginning to think that someone needs to start a poll on whose teenager is still willing to be seen with them.

One of the secrets is catching 'em on a good day...or minute, as the case may be. lmao.gif

Steve

AdventurePoser
I'm not sure what sparked her interest

Dad, how about letting me borrow the bike while you're at work all day?

Fortunately, she can't touch to ground yet from the perch of the saddle... grin.gif

I'm probably safe for awhile! lmao.gif

Steve in So Cal

So awesome!!!! Man, you have no idea how envious (as a daughter)I am of you guys. My dad was one of those "as long as I am providing financially for my family I have done my job, I can do what I want on my free time" (if you know what I mean) kinda guys. It would have meant so much to me on so many levels to have had that kind of interaction at 15.

Sorry, I'll get off the couch now. dopeslap.gif

Not only are you very lucky to obviously have such a cool stepdaughter, she is amazingly lucky to have a stepdad that enjoys spending time with her.

Best wishes to you both for lots of future rides together!

Archived