IGNORED

The Shack By The Track

Matts_12GS

You read about it here , you thought about it and now you can eat it...

Saturday February 23rd, High Noon at The Shack By The Track in cosmopolitan St. George, GA.

The restaurant is here:

N30 31.280 W82 02.094

Marty is coming to our place Friday night and we'll ride over Saturday morning.

This is a rain or shine thing since the road into the restaurant is paved now... lmao.gif

Tasty smoked flesh anyone? clap.gifclap.giflmao.gif

Another excuse? blush.gif

Only if there are pics to prove it. tongue.gif

We're in.

There is an unpaved route through the Okefenokee Swamp.

May check it out.

Or not. grin.gif

Sorry to disappoint, reservations have been made for over a week. Work related conference & trade show.

There is an unpaved route through the Okefenokee Swamp.

May check it out.

Oh, now your just teasing me.

Wish I could join you guys! Would be nice to hang out with Marty again and to finally meet you Matt!

But, it's a bit of a haul from here smirk.gif

Sissy girl, what, you can't ride to GA? It's right next door to TN practically! lmao.gif

One of these days Shannon, one of these days. I have a drink to collect from you still wink.gif

Good timing puttz.

I'll be in Chicago. tongue.gif

Lemme call you a waaaaaaaambulance.... If you're letting work get in the way riding...

Sorry dude, I'd force myself to ride back up there if I needed to. Besides, Brian wants to go up there after tax season is over. There'll be chances.

Oooops, may be involved with the Police Rodeo that day. dopeslap.gif

Put me down as Danny. grin.gif

I was gonna do the rodeo thing too, but.......this sounds like way more fun...IN!

I was gonna do the rodeo thing too, but.......this sounds like way more fun...IN!

They don't serve tequila.

Oooops, may be involved with the Police RThey don't serve tequila.

But Marty always carries... It's ok!

Wow! That was a close one...if there's wasn't no tequila, I wasn't comin! lmao.giflmao.gif

Oooops, may be involved with the Police RThey don't serve tequila.

But Marty always carries...

But doesn't he only have 15 shots? smirk.gif

Still 50/50 on this. lurker.gif

Listen here, bucko.

Unlike YOU, I never said I was in, bragging on routes 'n such.

Old guys. Sheesh. wink.gif

Oh, & Matt, I'm not whining, just complaining.

You wouldn't expect anything less of me.

grin.gif

Oh, & Matt, I'm not whining, just complaining.

You're catching on....

Dang, I just realized this is the same day as the brooksville lunch. Looks like we'll have to BBQ and then coneys for dinner!

Tough choice Matt, 'Coney Island Drive-In' for dogs or

BBQ in GA. I've been to 'Coney Island Drive-In' havent been

to Shack by the Track. Guess it's Georgia on my mind. See

you on the 23rd.

Lone_RT_rider

I think I need to purchase an LT so I can start making more of these Florida events. crazy.gif

The people are pretty cool.... and the accomidations ROCK! thumbsup.gifgrin.gif

Shawn

AdventurePoser
You read about it here , you thought about it and now you can eat it...

Saturday February 23rd, High Noon at The Shack By The Track in cosmopolitan St. George, GA.

The restaurant is here:

N30 31.280 W82 02.094

Marty is coming to our place Friday night and we'll ride over Saturday morning.

This is a rain or shine thing since the road into the restaurant is paved now... lmao.gif

Tasty smoked flesh anyone? clap.gifclap.giflmao.gif

Could you bring some of that BBQ with you to Rutherfords? Maybe wrap it up in some foil or something?

cheers,

Steve in So Cal

Shawn, all things are possible......

....with a Marty-like stock portfolio grin.giflmao.gif

Hi Marty! wave.gifthumbsup.gif

You must be referring to my 101 K. bncry.gif

101K, you should upgrade!

Shawn, the guest room of Chez VSTROM is always open when you want to visit. Unless of course Mr. Hill has reserved it first....

Shawn, all things are possible......

....with a Marty-like stock portfolio grin.giflmao.gif

Hi Marty! wave.gifthumbsup.gif

You got 101,000 miles with no dip beam burnout?

wink.gif

with all this talk about marty's $$$$ and cops bowing out right and left, are you sure the "shack by the track" isn't

a subsidiary of the "bunny ranch". lurker.gif

name sure sounds like it could be.

Hey Matt,

That's what left of my 401k. dopeslap.gif

I'm hip Marty! I started with nothing and still have most of it left! lmao.gif Good thing the BBQ is cheap.

Steve, I'll see what I can do about toting some along with me!

Scooterbrained

Suggestion when ordering; If you like your BBQ nice and messy, AKA, heavily slathered in sauce, fine. thumbsup.gif Otherwise, tell them when you place your order not to put any sauce on it or it will be DROWNED. Then, put the sauce on likin' to your own accord! And, ENJOY cause it is be good in Jawja!

Oh yeah, those livin' north of the tracks need to be way north of the tracks before they roll up the streets. Those south of the tracks are survivors and can make it home no matter what the terrain!

with all this talk about marty's $$$$ and cops bowing out right and left, are you sure the "shack by the track" isn't

Hey Brian, what am I chopped liver??? I'm still IN!!!!!!!!!

And, ENJOY cause it is be good in Jawja!

Oh yeah, those livin' north of the tracks need to be way north of the tracks before they roll up the streets. Those south of the tracks are survivors and can make it home no matter what the terrain!

Montana to Florida on a dirtbike probably qualifies you as a survivor, "no matter what the terrain". smile.gif

Marty, I've been looking at this Swamp Perimeter Rd., had any experience with it? If so, is it doable on a big bike? Looks like it goes from Moniac around to Fargo, I'm guessing about a hundred miles. Might be a good time to try it, should be wet enough.

Hey Brian, what am I chopped liver??? I'm still IN!!!!!!!!!

good...with this crew some maturity will be required. have a rib for me or something!

Bill,

I've circled the swamp but never knew about the perimeter roads. Might be interesting. Might take a look on the way home after lunch.

Bill,

I've circled the swamp but never knew about the perimeter roads. Might be interesting. Might take a look on the way home after lunch.

Marty, Bill was talkin' to the OTHER Marty.

wave.gif

BTW Bill, I'm planning on doing some riding in Osceola Saturday with a couple guys from River City Dirt Riders. If I have time, I'll take a look at Swamp Perimeter on my way home.

Bill,

Marty, Bill was talkin' to the OTHER Marty.

wave.gif

There can be only one.

hilander.jpg

tongue.gif

Bill,

Sounds good Marty, I Google Earthed it last night, looks to be well groomed with a few sections of hard two-track, at least on the east side. I should make the lunch thing, we can discuss it then.

Other Marty lives in the area and I thought he may have been on it.

I'm planning on doing some riding in Osceola Saturday with a couple guys from River City Dirt Riders. If I have time, I'll take a look at Swamp Perimeter on my way home.

Super. You may want to take along a snorkel smile.gif, in Osceola, once you're off the limerock jeep trails most of it is like a mini Okefenokee. Haven't been there since the fires, be interested to know how it looks now. BTW, my avatar photo was taken on one of the elevated roads in Osceola. grin.gif

...with this crew some maturity will be required. have a rib for me or something!

Yeah, adult supervision and all that! lmao.gif

Somebody refer to me as "adult supervision??" Uh boy, now I have to be responsible and all that junk dopeslap.gif

I'm planning on doing some riding in Osceola Saturday with a couple guys from River City Dirt Riders. If I have time, I'll take a look at Swamp Perimeter on my way home.

Super. You may want to take along a snorkel smile.gif, in Osceola, once you're off the limerock jeep trails most of it is like a mini Okefenokee. Haven't been there since the fires, be interested to know how it looks now. BTW, my avatar photo was taken on one of the elevated roads in Osceola. grin.gif

BAH! I ain't askeered of a little water.

But, you already knew that. grin.gif

Scooterbrained

Bill, Danny, Marty,

I may be wrong, but me thinks the Swamp Perimeter Road is park offical access/use only. Other than that I believe there are a couple places where it may traipse across ground entoumbed in private hunting club cables and fences. That said, I know Bill, or myself, would never leave knobby tire marks on such sacred ground! lmao.gif

Marty

Archived