IGNORED

Cherohala Recon

ShovelStrokeEd

ShovelStrokeEd

Just drove up there today to do a little sightseeing/picture taking. The road from 68 to the NC line is in great shape, clean and mostly smooth. I didn't run all the way to Robbinsville as the brakes on the POS Saturn Aura were going bad, thanks Hertz. OK when cold but once they heated, shuddering and wobbles.

Ed, don't miss the great resturant right on the river about one mile east of Tellico Plains. I normally do the CS east to west and it's a great place to eat lunch. Then we circle around and do the Deals Gap west to east (up hill). Have a great ride.

ShovelStrokeEd

Would that I were riding. Rental cage on this trip.

First bike trip of the year will probably be on the 25th, heading up to Richmond, VA.

Ed, don't miss the great resturant right on the river about one mile east of Tellico Plains. I normally do the CS east to west and it's a great place to eat lunch. Then we circle around and do the Deals Gap west to east (up hill). Have a great ride.

Do you know the name of the place? I'll be out that way in April and would love to check it out.

I think it's called the Cherohala crossing? Something like that.

There's a nicer looking place 200 yards west of that one too who's name escapes me as well but they're both before the turn off to Bald River falls if you're coming from the west.

There's also a good little BBQ joint right there on the river ... Kenny H. and I stopped for a bite after we finally got the tire on his RT squared away following the last EP cool.gif

Archived