IGNORED

Ok you others with Dial-up,,,

SinNH

yea I know dial-up is primitive, I have no other choice except a dish here in the woods.

Question, for dial-up users, what do you use for a weather site ??

I've used "Unisys" for years , but now wicked slow to load.

Any suggestions confused.gif

Steve, too cheap to invest in a dish,rather buy tires/shocks/gear/fun stuff.

I also use the regular weather underground site mentioned above with my dial-up connection. Yeah it is a little slow loading cuz it contains a lot of data, but no slower than any other site. It is also customizable to your area. I've been paying the $10 a year for a couple of years now to get rid of the ads and support the site.

I like watching the weather systems move thumbsup.gif

I was in Cincinnati last week. Had trouble getting out on my wireless card. There was DSL in the hotel room but my laptop is so old that it will not accept the cable. I popped up the dial up card and took the phone cable off the phone and tried the dial up. No go ... again ... no go... it couldn't find a phone number. I called down to the desk. Explained that I had an old computer and was tryinig to get on the internet via-dial up. "Sorry sir we don't provide that number. You should call the cable people that are our providers." So I called the cable people, explained the problem and there was a big pause on the other end. "Sir ... you can't get out wireless, and you can't use DSL ... you want to get out on the phoneline???? Sir we don't provide a phone number for that ... I have only heard of people doing That." confused.gif

True Story.

Archived