IGNORED

Well I just got banned again from another site!!!

BMWRich58

I'm just a BAD man.....

Here I am on an automotive site where some guy who is also a Moderator on that site,..states that an oil filter that is "bigger in size" is superior to one that is a *titch* let's say by 1", smaller.

Then when a "factory rep of said product" chimes in,I'm more the bad guy until he (the fact rep) reads the whole thread. Now, the factory rep backs me and my questioning of this "bigger is better".

I originally questioned a guy about why an oil filter "not reccommended by the manufacturer"....why it is to be used and why he claims it's superior in his opinion.

Can he place some facts for this reasoning....well,to make a long story short,...he gets aggravated to say the least...! I begin to receive from other Member's on that board, PM's,...about how this guy feels threatened by my questions and is always,let's say "bullying people" into his way of thinking,when others question or disagree with him.....

....then next thing ya know....

*BAM* I get BANNED for no reason by the Administrator.

"Oh well"...life goes on I suppose. dopeslap.gif

Yup. They're all the same wherever you go.

Yup. They're all the same wherever you go.

All those administrators are jerks. Screw 'em.

In fact, someone needs to grab these people by the scruff of the neck, push them to the ground, and make them eat dirt.

I'm sorry sir...it will never happen again....please forgive me....

no thanks, water an bread will do just fine...... bncry.gif

Or give 'em a swift kick to the groin.

I feel like we're forgetting something.

991211-180px-Pistol_Browning_SFS.jpg

I like the knock-down power of the .45.

Joe Frickin' Friday
My filter is bigger than your filter

Why? Surely you don't think that's any better.

You lookin' to get banned, Troublemaker?

My filter is bigger than your filter

Why? Surely you don't think that's any better.

Come on!! Everyone knows it isn't the size of the sword!! It's the fury of the fight! eek.giflmao.gifeek.giflmao.gif

If you persist in this line of questioning, you will be banned from this site as well. There is a Moderator Code of Ethics which states that when one moderator bans a member, all moderators will join together to ban that member from all sites everywhere in the universe. Fortunately, we at MRN are somewhat of a rogue moderator group, and we often push the limits of the Moderator Guild. But even we have our breaking point. Please cease and desist this flagrant size does/doesn't matter thread before it grows to galactic proportions. You are more than welcome to move on to less controversial topics, such as what's the best tire pressure for a 180/55 ZR 17 tire at 4000' elevation with 45% relative humidity at 68 degrees F. The universe of moderators thanks you. tongue.gif

Didn't you know that bigger is ALWAYS better.... lmao.gif

It goes in line with the slogan; 'The more you buy ,the more you save'... dopeslap.gifdopeslap.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Have fun getting un-banned... grin.gif

Well I did manage to leave a reply later in the evening.....anywho...

And I quote from the Web site....

I said....

My '05 Ranger has "no clearence issues"....yet has a the FL400 from the factory.

Hmmm....I guess Ford paying an engineer $70+K a year is a waste of time/money.

Who would have thought that they can get all their obstacles and answers sorted out for free by just browsing the 'Net,by aquiring peoples opinions with no facts or materials to back up their answers/suggestions.

Does anybody have a fact sheet displaying specs of the measured micron material used in the manufacture of this filter,to backup their suggestions?

Pressure relief valves internally have an operating pressure. Are these operating pressures the same??? How about volume flow??? Again the same?

Many differences I'm sure but,no hard facts to compare....

He says...

You can't wrap your brain around the concept that larger filter media area, and higher oil capacity are better? More filter media surface area means it's less likely to offer resistance, even when it gets dirty. Higher oil capacity means you'll be running with cleaner oil longer since it has a larger volume of oil to hold the contaminants - think of it as putting equal amounts of poison in a glass of water or a pitcher. Sure, they are both contaminated, but if you had to drink out of either, wouldn't the more diluted one be better? Why do you think race cars use large volume oil systems? NASCAR dry sump systems typically hold about 3 to 5 GALLONS of oil in their tank.

blah blah blah....then he says...

Rich, I personally don't give a rat's ass what you screw onto your engine, if you choose to use the 400a, be my guest. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just stating WHAT I BELIEVE, and what I prefer to use for the simple reasons I've stated! If you REALLY want proof, get a cut-off wheel and open both filters up, and you'll see the innards. I'm content with my choice without having to do so.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I'd really like to know what site that was so I could go start and oil filter thread. I don't know what it's like to get banned, and you gotta do everything once before you die, right? (except die)

Heck,

I'm surprised that you've got over 1600 posts here! lmao.gif

Steve in So Cal

Should we take a poll to see who want to ban him here? lurker.gif

There should be some rule against allowing riff raff. Do we really want to be seen as lenient with those who have shown their distain for proper decorum on other boards? grin.gif

There should be some rule against allowing riff raff.
Yes, then this would be a perfect board.

Kind of boring with not a single member, but perfect never-the-less.

Don't know you well enough to know if you are a bad man but I do know you should be careful when talking about oil filters. grin.gif

But then again, I use the Fram filters with the cardboard washers that everyone who has ever searched the web "knows", just by looking, is just crap.

But we do know oil on BMWST. Check out THIS LINK for some good info from members here. I used to change every 3,000 miles till I found out I was just wasting money and oil. grin.gif

PS After reading the mods response, I would say he suffers from SSS "Short Sword Syndrome" and couldn't stand a different opinion.

PS After reading the mods response, I would say he suffers from SSS "Short Sword Syndrome" and couldn't stand a different opinion.

Hmmm, makes me wonder if the mod on the other forum was touting the 'bigger filter' as some sort of compensation for an anotomical (or possibly IQ related) lack.

I got yer big filter right here, buddy! eek.giflmao.gifeek.giflmao.gif

I almost got banned from this site but then mine was a callous, insensitive, and obscene response. I thought it was brilliant but a higher order prevailed.

Learn your lesson and bite your lip and don't get all huffy about oil filters. lmao.gif

My aim in life isn't to get banned from a forum...

At age 57, I'd like to get booked for speeding on my bicycle. That would be something to show the grandchildren.

I do think though that all forum moderators and traffic cops may never know who their father was smile.gif

Have a great day,

Linz smile.gif

I do think though that all forum moderators and traffic cops may never know who their father was smile.gif

( . . . making a little note in "Linz's" file . . . . )

lmao.gif

I'm never going to be able to visit the US again am I?

I have also been known to make disparaging remarks about GWB. I may not make it through LAX...

Linz smile.gif

I'm never going to be able to visit the US again am I?

I have also been known to make disparaging remarks about GWB. I may not make it through LAX...

Linz smile.gif

So fly into San Diego! I'll pick you up--we'll have a bonzer time!. cool.gif
russell_bynum

At age 57, I'd like to get booked for speeding on my bicycle.

I got stopped and yelled at for that in College once, but no ticket. I was kinda looking forward to having something to show for it, but no such luck.

I got banned from Yosemite once. I pulled up to the eastern checkpoint many many years ago on a Harley with my wife on the back and this little swarthy guy with a roman nose jumped out of the checkpoint and started yelling at me for going too fast. I started to say something smart azz back, but my wife hit me on my brain bucket so hard I almost lost my balance. Anyway, when I came to my senses he was yelling at me louder and then he got on the phone and after speaking for about 30 seconds, he came back out and told me that they had my description and to never come back. Years later I saw a writeup about him and he was/ had been a employee of that park longer than anyone else and was retiring with full honors. I almost sent him a card, but decided not to. I never went back on that particular bike, and watched my speed, you betcha. I got a lifetime ban from "Al the Wop's" Bar and Grill in Locke, Ca., too, but that is another story.

Archived