IGNORED

Super Bowl.....I don't feel so bad now.....

HappyMan

Big Giant win. I'm happy. grin.gif And sad for the Patriots who had a chance at 19-0. tongue.gif

I'm happy for you and your Giants!!!!!!!!!

BTW.....Lions in 09!!!!

BTW.....Lions in 09!!!!

Whip, you and your jokes kill me every time lmao.giflmao.gif

Congrats to the New York Football Giants. This games just teaches that time honored lesson that the big games are still won by the team with the big heart. The Patriots were looking awfully comfortable with all the accolades they were receiving. When a team begins to believe the hype, it's over. The New York Giants came out hungry and there was no denying them.

Congrats thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Big Giant win. I'm happy. grin.gif And sad for the Patriots who had a chance at 19-0. tongue.gif

p4472592p275w.jpg

Not me.

Just makes my framed collection of ticket stubs and autographs from the 1972 Dolphins season more valuable. cool.gif That was a great year to sit in the Orange Bowl.

Richard Seymour was talking trash, again, before the game was over.

Randy Moss doesn't deserve to be the Super Bowl hero.

Giants played well, Eli did what I said here a few weeks ago, lead a team to the title (are you listening, Pete grin.gif).

It looked scripted, like wrestling, for a while.

Giants go ahead late, Patriots go down the field and win at the end.

Go figure, who changed the ending. grin.gifclap.gif

It looked scripted, like wrestling, for a while.

Giants go ahead late, Patriots go down the field and win at the end.

Go figure, who changed the ending. grin.gifclap.gif

The dark side of my thoughts say that the Patriots had to sacrifice the game for the sake of the NFL. By getting linked with that whole "Spy-Gate" issue, the NFL's credibility was taking a blow, and that cannot happen. People have to have faith that the game is really a game with no fixed outcomes and that everyone is playing by the rules. That keeps the betting money flowing and interest in the game at a high level.

Had the Patriots won, this whole "Spy-Gate" thing would be on fire! Folks would be questioning if the Patriots cheated to gain 19-0 status or to beat the Giants in the game.

Of course, as it turns out, obviously the Patriots couldn't get "Spy-Gate" footage on the Giants or this one would have been over by half-time! lmao.gif

Ditto here, except for the "being sad for the Pats" part. wink.gif

A Giant fan since Y.A., I was one of Eli's detractors since he came aboard. Never so happy to be so wrong!

The dark side of my thoughts say that the Patriots had to sacrifice the game for the sake of the NFL. By getting linked with that whole "Spy-Gate" issue, the NFL's credibility was taking a blow, and that cannot happen.

I knew it!!!!!!

It was the grassy knoll referees that did it!

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

It was a good game, I'd like to have seen it as much for the history as to see Junior Seau get a ring after all these years at linebacker. Eighteen seasons, I bet he can't stand up without something hurting!

I knew it!!!!!!

As a sports official, I take great offense to that! We're talking football not basketball you hockey puck!!!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

Yes Tim, I'm listening. Congrats to the NYG, they did well. And to restate what others have said, Moss is a thug and SHOULD never be allowed to wear anything that's associated with champions!

I knew it!!!!!!

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Oh no, not the referees, but the Patriots head coach. Did you see that commercial that was a take off on the God Father? The guy wakes up to the horror of finding something in his bed? (I forget what exactly was in that bed blush.gif, guess I don't pay attention to commercials)

That commercial was a message to Coach Belichick from the NFL -- "throw the game away or else! We have an offer you can't refuse!" It's so obvious I can't believe you don't see it!tongue.gif

That's my story and I'm sticking to it cool.gifwave.gif

The dark side of my thoughts say that the Patriots had to sacrifice the game for the sake of the NFL. By getting linked with that whole "Spy-Gate" issue, the NFL's credibility was taking a blow, and that cannot happen.

I think the outcome is kharmic, in relation to Belichick's hubris. Maybe such a smug jerk (albeit a brilliant coach) deserved this fate.

Hooray for the Dolphins. Hooray for the Dolphins. Uh, I mean the Giants. The Giants were truly Giant killers last night. Thank you, thank you Giants for the keeping the 35 year unbeaten streak alive for another year.

First, it was a great game. My best friend is a Giants fan, so for the last 15 years I've been rooting for two teams each year: The NYG and the Miami Dolphins. I've been a Dolfan since I was a little Dolfan growing up in Miami in the late 60s. I've followed them ever since.

Last night was just poetic. A wild card team no one gave a chance came in with complete confidence in themselves and tormented what was thought to be the best offense in the NFL, and what many considered the best team the NFL had ever seen.

The NYG defense was superb. They gave every play everything they had. They were aggresive, smart, and had an indominable spirit.

And Eli finally came in to his own. Gone was that look of uncertainty that I had so often seen in Eli Mannings eyes. The last part of this season he finally learned how to be a team leader and he learned how to step up and do what needs to be done to win when your against the ropes.

And of course, the cherry on top for us Dolfans is that unbeaten season remains. 18-1 don't mean squat when the loss is the big enchilada.

It was a great game and one where the Super Bowl game itself actually was better than the commercials.

Congrats to the NY Giants.

The worst thing about any New York team winning is that the national news media is so NY-centric, they're going to spend the next 6 months slobbering over the Giants as if this win was Patton's drive across Europe, the invention of the polio vaccine, and Brangelina's next child, all wrapped into one. Like the ESPN mini-series "The Bronx is Burning"? Why do they think anybody in the rest of the country cares about the angst of a Yankee team in the 70s? And Frank Gifford? The New York sportswriters act like they want to have his baby.

The 85 Bears would have beat the 07 Giants.

Glad the Giants won....Really did not care who won as long as Belichick lost...

Sorry, I have no problem with the NE team just... Belichick

This guy to me is just CLASSLESS (as a football coach.. that is)

The 85 Bears would have beat a lot of teams, including probably the 2007 Patriots! The Bears awesome D and [Walter] Payton's ground game would have spelled curtains for this New England team -- whose ability to protect Brady is fragile at best and the Pats D is helpless against a strong running game.

The only team that would have been the 85 Bears is the, um, 85 Dolphins? lmao.gif

The 85 Bears would have beat a lot of teams, including probably the 2007 Patriots! The Bears awesome D and Payton's ground game would have spelled curtains for this New England team -- whose ability to protect Brady is fragile at best and the Pats D is helpless against a strong running game.

The only team that would have been the 85 Bears is the, um, 85 Dolphins? lmao.gif

Who couldn't beat the '72 Dolphins. thumbsup.giflurker.gif

Archived