IGNORED

West Virginia?

Dundee387

My brother and I are planning to do some riding together when he gets back from deployment. I live in Connecticut, and he's in Virginia Beach. We want to meet somewhere in the middle, where there is good riding? Any suggestions? Northern West Virginia??

Thanks.

West Virginia is the best kept secret in Motorcycling! Great roads, little trafic, and beutiful country. If you decide to head to WV, let me know and I'll give you some suggestions.

Steve

This month's (March) Rider magazine may have just the ticket for you. There's an excellent ride article, "West Virginia is for Riders". Sounds so good, we're planning on doing it come fall.

Yes you absolutely won't be dissapointed. Don't limit yourself to just northern WVA however. There's great roads and riding all over the state. Western Virginia also has nice riding. You might consider staying at Snowshoe ski resort as a center of your stay (no afiliation).. I've stayed there before and there's great riding in all directions. The ski resort has restaruants and entertainment and plenty of condos or hotel rooms available in summer.

The latest Rider magazine has a nice writeup on riding that area as well so check that out.

http://www.snowshoemtn.com/index.htm

About 5 years while cruising through the back mountain twisty roads of WV,a good friend of mine got stuck behind one of them "Coal Hauling" trucks.

Man,could this trucker DRIVE !!!! thumbsup.gif

My friend couldn't pass this trucker to save his life!

And the funny thing is, when he finally did pass this truck and catch up to me,his face was all black (open faced helmet) from "coal dust" from riding behind this truck. lmao.gif

Some of you guys might have met my buddy....PaPa Ryan.....

if you come in around Memorial day weekend our club has our rally right in the heart of WV, Cass, Boyer Station campground. Check out our site http://www.mountaineerbmw.org/cass2008.html

Keep in mind we only have about 8 members so it will be small, usually around 150 to 200 people and no vendors. Just plenty of great rodes and a cold drink in the evening along with a warm fire. Good Times

Archived