IGNORED

Slowing Down Time!

Twisties

Rightspin asks for his birthday wish that we find a way to slow down time. I thought this was an admirable goal. The first step in controlling any natural system is understanding it. Here we see how time really works:

250232725-O.jpg

Note that on Monday mornings time takes a long time. It takes at least 7 or 8 hours to get through an hour! Then things proceed along pretty well until you see that awful hump on Wednesday. Wednesday afternoons just S___! Thursday runs along fairly well. But note the amazing phenomenon that occurs on Friday afternoons. Time slows to a near stop, and an almost infinite amount of time is needed to get through the day.

Now that we understand time, we can begin to think about how to slow it down. Working in a billable hours organization, the truth came easily for me. All that we need to do is convince our clients to pay at these rates. After completing just one Friday afternoon we will have billed infinite hours, and can go home and never come back to work again! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I knew that would be simple!!!

Jan

Francois_Dumas

For those of us self-employed you need to 'read' the graph differently...... there s NEVER enough time to get everything done and Friday is the WORST... time just FLIES and you have to stop and go to bed before you know it......

..... the main difference would be that you need to include Saturday and Sunday as well in that picture grin.gif

Last night (saturday/sunday) at 12:15 AM, my phone rang and I had to go out and repair a furnace. I didn't see that on the chart. lmao.gif

So, as evidenced by the other posters:

Time is a constant that can neither be created or destroyed!

So if your Friday afternoon takes 15 hours to get through, it only means you have stolen that time from someone else who really needs it!

I am now a time stealer! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif However, at my previous job, everyone stole time from me, i.e. I never had enough time to do what I wanted/needed to get done.

I like the long day better, it causes a lot less stress!!! lmao.gif

So the answer is: Get a job where you are bored (or simply apathetic), and you will get all the time you could want during the week. Weekends, however, might spring back the other way as most folks that want a weekend to come quickly will find that they actually have "a life" and the weekend only takes a few hours to go by!

Now, if only those of us who can ride year round could get those folks stuck in snow to stop stealing our time, all would be well!!! I do think your onto something there Jan, with wintering your bikes elsewhere!)

A lot of folks at work start their slow down on Wednesday. That way they don't hurt themselves slamming into the clock out time on Friday. Jeeze, injure yourself at the clock like that might be worth 45 days injury comp!

What the graph does not show is the converse of the friday effect and speeds up rushing you in 0600 on Monday

The graph you do have does in fact show the effect of time on the last minute waiting for the clock to tick over to quitting time. crazy.gif

Here's an idea, Jan. It's kind of a small potato, but maybe somebody here could scale it up and make it more effective.

Did you ever notice how it feels like it takes ten minutes to restart a computer? Yet, in reality, it only really takes about two minutes. That's a difference of eight minutes!

So, let's say that you are fifteen minutes late for an appointment. All you need to do is restart your computer twice and you will have a minute burn. wink.gif

Now, if only those of us who can ride year round could get those folks stuck in snow to stop stealing our time, all would be well!!! I do think your onto something there Jan, with wintering your bikes elsewhere!)

Yes but now is payback time, we haven't seen them in 36 days, 6 hours and 45 minutes... and we don't know when we will see them again. But we sure did have a great ride over the holidays.

Jan

Here's an idea, Jan. It's kind of a small potato, but maybe somebody here could scale it up and make it more effective.

Did you ever notice how it feels like it takes ten minutes to restart a computer? Yet, in reality, it only really takes about two minutes. That's a difference of eight minutes!

So, let's say that you are fifteen minutes late for an appointment. All you need to do is restart your computer twice and you will have a minute burn. wink.gif

EXACTLY!!!!!

Jan

Archived