IGNORED

The older I get , The faster I used to be.....For Dirt Bike Lovers

Richard_D

Sorry, but...PANT PANT...I'm kinda out...PANT PANT... of breath right...PANT...now. PANT PANT PANT

I like it when he yells at the guy in front, GO GO GO GO!!!

Hi, I'm Mike Lafferty, now get the eff outta my way.

P.S., I know how you feel, Rich.

On the other hand, if I had kept the 250, maybe I could be that fa....

Never mind.

Danny, I used to go to Wal-Mart and buy a small air horn and tape it to my crossbar. It was very effective. grin.gif

Dang that's the most fun you can have with yer clothes on thumbsup.gif

Did the same thing with the air horns when I used to race enduros- tight goat trails with nowhere to pass- scared the s#%*t outta the guy in the way!

(Somebody complained to the AMA refs but no rule against that) smirk.gif

wave.gif

Wow! Kinda drives home that point about not looking at the tree, but the space between the trees.

Sure wish we could get rid of this snow and cold. That looks like mucho fun.

Wow! Kinda drives home that point about not looking at the tree, but the space between the trees.

Sure wish we could get rid of this snow and cold. That looks like mucho fun.

Replace one dirt bike with one snowmobile...

We were up in WI Thurs->Sat. It was great.

Yeah baby!!! That's what I'm talkin' bout. My two year old was leaning on my left shoulder while I was watching that screaming "Vroom Vroom!" and twisting his right wrist. I'd need flexible bones like his to hit some of them trees..... lmao.gif

Oh how I miss them tight wood sections! thumbsup.gif

Definately got my heart pumping...

All that was missing was the smell of 2-stroke exhaust!

Ahhh, those were the days... clap.gifclap.gif

Holy sh*t!!!

I can't even make out a trail during much of that...much less a path through the trees.

Early numbers suck LOUD....Oh and that's why we'd cut off the ends of our bars down to 28".

Some people would make fun of the fact that we "Enduro/Hare Scramble Riders" had to keep a 24mph average...until they saw what was ahead of them lmao.gif!!!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Back in October '94 a motocross-riding friend of mine was busy writing his thesis and couldn't do the Bucky Badger Enduro, so he loaned his YZ250 to me and a friend of mine, and we rode it. That tight stuff in the video formed a significant portion of the course. Needless to say, we went considerably slower than the fellas in that video. eek.gif

The remainder of the course involved going balls out across the occasional mile of corn stubble, or wallowing through foot-deep mud bogs:

990387-enduro.jpg

The guy I was sharing the bike with was a decent rider, but I wasn't; I was pretty skilled with a mountain bike, but the hour of practice with the YZ the day before constituted pretty much the sum-total of my motocross experience. crazy.gif We didn't even come close to finishing the whole 100-mile event (two laps on a 50-mile figure 8, start/finish right at center); we had timed out way early (on top of my snail's pace, early on my buddy had encountered some difficulty with a tree and the brake lever, requiring a lengthy replacement). at about the 35 mile mark, the sag crew got tired of following my ultra-slow ass, informed me that I had timed out, and finally asked me to take a shortcut back to the start. grin.gif

990387-enduro.jpg.bc084199209b68e9370ffee0c0e94861.jpg

Hey Mitch. I haven't heard of the Bucky Badger Enduro. Must be somewhere in Wisconsin. Where was the event held? From your pic, it looks alot like the area around my stompin grounds in SE Minnesota / SW Wisconsin.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Hey Mitch. I haven't heard of the Bucky Badger Enduro. Must be somewhere in Wisconsin. Where was the event held? From your pic, it looks alot like the area around my stompin grounds in SE Minnesota / SW Wisconsin.

It was in Wisconsin, but from what I've read, they don't run it anymore. The start/finish was just south of Springfield Corners, about 12 miles NW of downtown Madison.

Archived