IGNORED

Anyone ever seen the Yosemite Firefall in Feb?

JerryMather

There used to be a firefall show in Yosemite most every evening during the summer months above Camp Curry but it was stopped back in the 70's due to the impact on the valley.

Now all we have is this, that seems to happen most every Feb. naturally, weather permitting.

Has anyone around here been in the valley to witness this?

I would drive over for that. If you are still speaking to me Jerry

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

You sure your SUV will make it that far, without any problems and be OK being around someone that's a little off center? lmao.gif

I would drive over for that. If you are still speaking to me Jerry

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

You sure your SUV will make it that far, without any problems and be OK being around someone that's a little off center? lmao.gif

Just make sure there isn't a tree with a big ole limb in the front yard or a puddle of gas in the driveway from the taxicab bub! grin.gif

Oh and I may be back on a moto by then if this stuff clears up!

Yo Beave

I am just old enough and lived close enuff to see the real fire fall many times when I was a kid.

The noise of the fire fall was awesome too when all those buring logs would hit bottom.

My mom used to make dinner for one extra too.

That was for the bear that would come every night and all us kids could see it in camp.

Man they would shoot us for that now.

Thank GOD I grew up when I did.

Thanks for the memories.

John_Hendriksen

Has anyone around here been in the valley to witness this?

Yeppers.

From last year.....lousy pic, rather unprepared for the sight. Looked more like lava as the settting sun lit up the falling water.

250157341-L-1.jpg

Archived