IGNORED

Motorcycle Ride for a fallen police officer

motorman587

SERGEANT CHRIS REYKA

MOTORCYCLE RIDE

We all know the tragic loss of a true Brother, Friend and Hero on August 10, 2007. I was the first to arrive on scene and held Chris as he passed from this life to the next.

In February, 2008 the Police Hall of Fame, 6350 Horizon Drive, Titusville, Fl. will induct Chris and all the Officers killed in the line of duty in 2007.

To raise public awareness and support, to honor Chris and all of the Officers killed in the line of duty in Broward County, I am organizing a motorcycle run. The event will be held on Saturday, March 29, 2008 and will start at 0700 hours at the Walgreens, 960 South Pompano Parkway, Pompano Beach, Fl. We will leave there at 8:45 am and ride to the South Florida VA National Cemetery, 6501 South State Road 7, Lake Worth (Palm Beach near Lake Worth Rd and SR 7) and pay our respects to Chris's final resting place. At 10:45 am we will ride to Mississippi Sweets BBQ Co. 9859 #29 Lake Worth Rd, for lunch, which will include a BBQ sandwich, coleslaw, baked beans and a drink for $7.00. At 12:00 we will leave Mississippi Sweets and ride to the Police Hall of Fame. After our visit there, we will finish the day at a nearby campground where dinner will be available. For those who are going to spend the night, a volunteer will bring any supplies (luggage-tents-coolers) to the campground. The entire ride is less than three hours and 185 miles. To participate in the run, or just to show your support, I will need your name, department, contact number, and all shirt sizes. A $25.00 donation for each participant will include a shirt. The shirt will be long sleeve with silk screen sergeant chevrons on each sleeve. The back will have a sheriff's star with a mourning band and Chris's id number. The front will have a large black band with the names of all of the Officers killed in the line of duty in Broward County. There are also decals and license plate available. The four inch decals are $3.00, the six inch decals are $5.00 and the license plate is $25.00. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the PBA Hope Fund and the Police Hall of Fame. It is my intention to have a decal on every car and on every business in Broward County. This is one of the few times the public is able to show their support and respect for all of us by displaying the decals and license plates.

Please register by March 15, 2008 at www.sgtchrisreyka.com. I will not need the donation until the week prior to the ride. During that week, I will issue the shirts to you and collect the donation. This way all participants can wear the shirts to the ride. This is not limited to Officers, all are encouraged to attend. Those who do not ride, can also participate and follow the riders in your vehicle. No colors please.

Mrs.. Kim Reyka has given me her approval for this event and hopes for an overwhelming turnout.

Thanks in advance for your time and hope to see everyone soon. Brian Donnelly, Broward County Deputy Sheriff / Cell 954-695-0260.

Archived