IGNORED

European Tour

1960apache

I am worn out from riding in Asia and South America dopeslap.gif,(not the riding actually, just the roads, corrupt police, gov officials etc) and now plan to ship my R1200RT (non america spec) to Spain, Germany or whatever for the coming summer to ride. Anyone know of any crazy requirements, regulations, border crossing stuff to be aware of. confused.gif I am hoping it will be waaaaaay easier than what I have had to deal with in the other countries, mostly corrupt police and virtually no civil law, regulations etc. for shipping, coming and going, border crossings. I have gotten alot of 3rd party input, so I am actually hoping to get the "road map" from someone who has already done it!!! Thanks in advance!

Let me help you get started with some pretty common information. When you are coming over from the U.S. your current drivers license will be valid in the E.U. countries for 6 months. There are no real surprises as far as crossing borders across the present E.U. countries. In fact you will probably find them unmanned unless there are random spot checks but this is usually set up for truckers and cargo and time checking. Be sure to check with your insurance companies for sufficient vehicle and health coverage during the period of your stay. Also keep in mind that at unmarked intersections, the traffic to your right will insist on the right of way and may not even look to their left so keep this in mind at all times. For specific country traffic rules you could probably research through the internet, various consulates or even a local U.S. Military Base should have plenty of info on overseas traffic regs. And of course other members on the forum will have more useful information to make your trip safe and enjoyable. wave.gif

Archived