IGNORED

Utah National Parks

gottabmw

Do all the Utah NPs have entrance fees, do they vary and what is the typical charge for motorcycles? Discounts for multiple bikes? We'll have four or five in our group.

$12 per rider on a bike at Bryce and Zion if I recall correctly.

Cars are $25 I think.

As I recall you can get a pass that lets you through them all in a week or something, and an annual pass for about $75 a head.

There's also this pass for $80: http://store.usgs.gov/pass/

Google up the sites for the individual parks you want to see, rates vary.

Also if you go through Zion, that ticket gets you into the NW section of Zion no additional charge. This is the entrance off I-15 to the North- Kolob Canyon- an up and back road.

http://www.nps.gov/zion/planyourvisit/feesandreservations.htm

http://www.nps.gov/brca/planyourvisit/feesandreservations.htm

You can get two people (on separate bikes) in on one annual pass, provided that both have signed the pass. At most parks where I've used mine the rangers haven't worried about the second signature, but the one at Bryce last Sept. did.

You're right Bill, Roydog_007 and I travel thru a few parks last May after Torrey, and we were able to go through on my annual pass... I just remembered that some park and i don't remember which one, guestioned it but let us thru anyways.....two motorcycles, two people, four wheels= one cage

Now if your "old" like me, you can get a National Park/Forest lifetime pass for $10 good for all national parks and national forests for the rest of your life. There are few advantages to being old but I guess this is one of them.

When we bought our pass, they told us husband and wife on separate bikes needs 1 pass. If you're not part of the same household, you probably need your own pass.

When we bought our pass, they told us husband and wife on separate bikes needs 1 pass. If you're not part of the same household, you probably need your own pass.

This is what we have found, also. I was able to follow my wife in ( she was in our car, me on bike ). They wanted to see a photo ID. I don't know if they are all that way, since some gate people are more lenient than others.

Also, there are some highways in Utah that go through parks, like Utah Hwy 9 which connects I15 with US 89. You have to pay to get from point A to point B, whether you stop in the park or not.

Also, there are some highways in Utah that go through parks, like Utah Hwy 9 which connects I15 with US 89. You have to pay to get from point A to point B, whether you stop in the park or not.
Just for your planning purposes know that this is not true for Hwy 24 through Capitol Reef, no charge there.

Just for your planning purposes know that this is not true for Hwy 24 through Capitol Reef, no charge there.

Highway 148 through Cedar Breaks ( a nice ride, incidentally ) has a sign indicating you are expected to stop and pay a visitor fee. None of the locals pay it. It isn't like Zion and Hwy 9, where you have to go though an actual gate. With so many National Parks, I highly recommend a Park Pass.

Highway 148 through Cedar Breaks ( a nice ride, incidentally ) has a sign indicating you are expected to stop and pay a visitor fee. None of the locals pay it. It isn't like Zion and Hwy 9, where you have to go though an actual gate. With so many National Parks, I highly recommend a Park Pass.

This is just a guess, but maybe it is like Mirror Lake Highway, or Alpine Loop... there is a fee if you stop and use the facilities such as campground or fish, but if you are just driving through no charge.

As far as the old fart national park pass... that is the best deal ever offered by uncle Sam and I have used mine to the max. $10 and unlimited use!

Enjoy the parks, and especially getting to them.

This is just a guess, but maybe it is like Mirror Lake Highway, or Alpine Loop... there is a fee if you stop and use the facilities such as campground or fish, but if you are just driving through no charge.

Nope. I stopped at Cedar Breaks and asked at the visitor's center if you didn't have to pay for just "riding through". They said you are "supposed" to pay regardless of stopping or not. Isn't like Mirror Lake for some reason. Still, it's on the honor system and most people passing through don't pony up. For sure at Zion, they want you to pay just to drive through. The reason this came up, was because our poker run and geocaching ride for our rally needed to use the road and we didn't want everyone having to pay the fee.

Same thing happen to me on the way to the MOA rally in Wisconsin. I took a two lane road in South Dakota to get off the super slab, but it cut through the edge of an obscure National Park. I either had to pay or back-track over 100 miles to get back on the slab. I convinced them I had a park pass, but my wife was carrying it. They reluctantly let me pass through.

Archived