IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous Saturday night dinner poll

Lone_RT_rider

What should we do about a group dinner on Saturday night?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lone_RT_rider

It's time to talk about possible options for a group dinner on Saturday night at the Blue Ridge Rendezvous. The price the hotel gave us for dinner seems IMO to be at the top end of what would be acceptable for this group. Given this, please vote so that we can get a good idea of what the group as a whole would care to do.

I'm not sure what's right next to the hotel (that would offer a decent option) but the idea of being able to have a drink during dinner would be pleasurable. The extra $5 is well worth it.

Shawn,

I think that having the meal and facilities at the hotel would be best. Riding around after dark/after drinks is not the harleyesque image we should encourage. The former owner of the very Hotel where you are staying was killed riding a Harley about five miles from the Hotel. He was a longtime resident, and knew all the roads well.

There is also the heretofore unmentioned fact that the weather can be miserably cold and wet during this timeframe. It could be 35 degrees and raining when we go out to eat on Saturday...another good reason for staying close to the Maggie Inn! I've seen 5 inches of snow during the first week in May...(that's the worst case scenario of course) wave.gif

Shawn,

Walking is a plus.

Looking at the address of the hotel, at the intersection of 276 & Dellwood,

and other restaurants on google

nothing seems to be very close.

The restaurant at the hotel (The Rendezvous) has a pretty nice menu

http://www.maggievalleyhotel.com/menu.htm

but dinner entrees are in the upper teens, sandiches pushing $10, all w/out tip.

So, $20/inc. tip (of course we will give more if all is well) for a buffet tongue.giflurker.gif should be a winner.

Thanks.

I'm all for eating close so we don't have to ride back. At least for the big one. I'll be heading over to the Salty Dog at least once during my stay.

Don,

It will be great to see you again.

OMG, I just realized that moto cop is coming. I'll wear a disguise. dopeslap.gif

OMG, I just realized that moto cop is coming. I'll wear a disguise. dopeslap.gif
Why, Marty? You are one I thought would never ever get a speeding ticket... lmao.gif
Don,

It will be great to see you again.

Do to your conduct at Ceder Key, I was ask by the board to keep an eye on you. lmao.gif Like an off duty cop at a bar, just for Marty.

Hey Paul,

In truth, I break most rules and laws. I just don't get caught. grin.gif

Paul doesn't break rules, just legs. frown.gif

But I'm sure he'll be ready for this and leave me watching his taillight disappear,

again. grin.gifwave.gif

I'm not sure what's right next to the hotel (that would offer a decent option) but the idea of being able to have a drink during dinner would be pleasurable. The extra $5 is well worth it.

+1

+Another

How far is the salty dog? Just curious.

Oh and the 56 cents is a joke right? Reminds me of the Jerk...

"Twenty dollars and FIFTY SIX CENTS".

Most of the restaurants on the main drag in Maggie Valley, (including the acclaimed J. Arthur's lmao.gif) are about a 3-4 mile ride from the hotel.

Don't we come to these events to ride? Drink when you get back to the hotel. Really it's not that hard.

Actually, for me anyway, I come to these events not only for the riding but for the esprit de corps that goes along with it. Riding during the day is great and a lot of fun, but the times with the new friends at night seems to be just as powerful of a draw for me.

Archived