IGNORED

eaglerider.com tour company

moth

Not sure where to post this,

Has any one used the above tour company, looking to come to US Oct this year for a 2 week all in tour including bike hire. any one got any views or experience with above company or any suggestions of a good tour company

Andy

I rented an RT from them for a day here in Salt Lake City, Utah. No problems. Bike was in new condition (16 miles on it).

Sorry haven't toured with them. They mostly have HDs, but have a few BMWs. If you tour with them you may be the only BMW rider on the tour. You may find daily distance and pace to be quite slow for BMW tastes. I'd ask about that and see what they have to say. All I can say is that they simply could not understand why we wanted to rent that BMW when they had 25 - 30 great HDs just sitting there.

If you want to consider rental only I'm sure you could plenty of advice from this board on places to go, places to stop, places to eat, etc.

Please be sure you understand U.S. insurance rules. Liability should be included in the rental price, but make sure. It is illegal to drive without it. It covers damage you might do to others.

You will probably want to budget for collision damage waiver. It covers damage to the bike. Without it you would owe for any damage to the bike. This coverage is not typically included in the rental price but is available as an add on. It isn't cheap.

We met a fellow at the BMW dealer from Down Under that bought a bike in Virginia, USA and planned to sell it in Vancouver, CA. He was on a two month tour and reckoned that at $4000/month rental he was much better off buying and selling.

Enjoy your trip!

Jan

Eaglerider has a store near LAX, they also have a shuttlebus. The LAX store is mostly HD, but they also rent from Long Beach BMW, about 30 miles away. Every time I've stopped in the LAX store, they've had a store full of Europeans being fitted for gear, fly-in and ride. I think they will even store your suitcases. I rented a BMW from Long Beach, no problems, a positive experience.

Archived