IGNORED

Anyone near the Grand Canyon not busy Feb 1 can help me out?

Big_Bend

Howdy ya'll...

This is a trip planning thread, but not for a bike ride sorry.

I want to go backpack across the Grand Canyon. I've been on over 40+ backpacking trips, but have yet to cross the big divide. I want to start on the North Rim, spend 2 nights hiking across, and come up the South Rim side. Its appx 23 miles of trails, this should be epic.

The park issues back country permits for such adventures, and there is a limited number they can give out, never enough. To get a permit for June, I have to apply Friday Feb 1 by faxing in a form. Then all the forms are put together and selected randomly to see who gets the permits. Its a lottery.

BUT - if I (or someone) can appear in person Feb 1 at the South Rim backcountry office and turn in the form personally, they're moved to the front of the line and guaranteed a permit.

So... I have to work Feb 1 (in Houston).. but I was wondering if a kind soul out there might have the flexability to ride up to the GC and turn in my form and fees for me instead, thus guaranteeing a slot for my June backpacking adventure. I'd be most appreciative! I can send the $$ ahead of time or pay back any other expenses occured (gas to ride up there, etc..)

Anyway let me know if you or someone you know in Arizona might be able to help me out.

Thx a bunch.. Allen

Archived