IGNORED

ROTRALLY

Skywagon

Rocket_Cowboy

I've never been ... it just never sounded like my cup of tea, but if enough other people are headed to Austin, I'll make the trip for you guys.

For anyone who's been, is ROT primarily a 'Harley' rally? Not to insinuate anything against HD but that scene is not my cup 'o tea. What's it like overall?

Rocket_Cowboy
For anyone who's been, is ROT primarily a 'Harley' rally? Not to insinuate anything against HD but that scene is not my cup 'o tea. What's it like overall?

That's been my understanding, but I've also met a couple fellas who ride down on their Silverwings, just so the scooter trash can taunt the HD riders by riding faster.

It is a heavy dose of drunken, naked and stupid.

Definitely not my thing, but 50,000 other folks seem to like it a lot and it pumps quite a bit of money into the local economy.

True. And each individually is tollerable and can be fun, but combine the three with the over 40 crowd and well you get the picture. tongue.gif

True. And each individually is tollerable and can be fun, but combine the three with the over 40 crowd and well you get the picture. tongue.gif

I meant stupid.....you have such a dirty mind.

I'm gonna tell Sandy.

Whip

If you are any where near, the ROT Rally is a spectacle to behold.

Yes it is rowdy, could be drunken but does not have to be, naked is up to you... have you ever heard of the midnight naked ride... supposed to be quite an event... if you ever see a patch that says "Breezy Rider" you dont buy that one at the kiosk.

Harley- yes... if you go on your BMW you may have one or two other non Harley friends if you can find them. The ROT is billed as one of the largest rallies after Daytona, Sturgis, and Laughlin.

They completely close 6th street in Austin for the evening's events... plan ahead if you want a room.

I went twice, of which once was quite enough.

If you are any where near, the ROT Rally is a spectacle to behold.

You should live here and have to listen to thousands of open piped assholes blasting by for a week.

It's less than 5 miles from me and I wouldn't be caught dead there!

Frank

It is a heavy dose of drunken, naked and stupid.

One outa three ain't bad.......

Just double checking...which one you talking about been OK?

Well, I live in Austin and have been to the ROT once, well to the paid for part, out at the expo center, once. That is fairly worthless aside from the motocross events. But the year I went even that was sort of ruined by having "monster trucks" between the moto-cross heats.

I do like to go downtown during the rally to look at all the bikes. There are some pretty amazing bikes.

But it really is a big drunk-stupid-naked event with not enough of the last to make it worth putting up with the first two.

I generally go downtown early on Saturday, cruise sixth street once or twice to look at the bikes and then get the hell out of there before dark, when the truly drunk and stupid starts happening.

On the other hand I've played gigs at bars on 6th street during the ROT Rally a few times and those gigs have always been a blast. Mainly because there are so many drunk and stupid people to keep me entertained.

Archived