IGNORED

Help planning a trip to Mexico

rickj01

Hi I am new to this forum and was hoping that I could get some help planning a trip to Mexico and maybe further south. I am leaving mid February and traveling till it starts getting warm back in the Midwest

Mostly I am looking for some travel advice in Mexico and places to see and villages to go to. The Roads, Places to stay, Border crossings, Things to bring to use and to trade. Cell Phone use, How to travel with money or Credit card, Tires any thing you can help me with to lessen my surprises I would appreciate. I have never ridden down that way.

I am a seasoned long distance traveler having logged more than 200,000 miles and am ridding a 2000 f650.

Thank you for reading this and ready for your input.

Rick

I've ridden to Cabo San Lucas two times, and I love riding in Mexico. You will probably have to use cash for fuel. All the way down Baja, none of the Pemex stations took plastic. I don't know what it's like on the mainland.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I think Johnlt is somewhat of a "resident expert" on Mexico. At least some of it. Hopefully he'll chime in.

Also, don't be surprised when this thread get's moved to "Ride Planning."

Pemex uses cash only but plastic is common at hotels and resturants unless they are real small. Also, ATMs are common in any midsize town (Creel for instance). I think I can help you but probably should do it off-line PM or telephone even better. If you're using a Garmin GPS, I'd highly recommend bicimappas for a Mexico atlas that works on Garmins their webpage is: http://www.bicimapas.com.mx/English.htm

PM me and I'll send you my phone number.

johnlt

Archived