IGNORED

Elka shock for my F800S is on!

NakedRider

Finally got my Elka shock mounted on my F800S. HUGE difference over the stock unit. I had a set on my '07 Adventure as also (till I hit a deer) and they were equally terrific on that bike as well.

I would say that the Elkas have the best ride quality of any shock I've ever tried. Now that I've installed them on two totally different types of bikes I'm SURE anyone that tries them would be quite pleased.

You can feel them work thru their range of travel in a very controlled fashion and they keep the tires absolutely planted throughout.

Highly recommend.

BTW - I had mine installed by A&S (in Roseville). They did a great job and I swear they even waxed my bike before returning it. You should have seen how shiney it was. Best service I've ever had from them.

Nice.

Now, on to more important topics . . . .

Give us a ride report on the Mega! wink.gif

The Megamoto is exceptional. I bought it wanting a bike with a GS-type seating position yet lighter and the MM doesn't disappoint.

With 13 extra ponies as 60lbs less weight than a standard GS you REALLY notice the extra pull. The suspension is much stiffer than a GS or Adventure and I toned down the compression a bit for our roads. Once that was done the bike was much easier to ride.

The gas range is limited. I get about 75 to 90 miles before the light comes on. The seat is more comfortable than I thought it would be given how narrow it is. With no wind protection it requires extra effort if you spend any time above 80MPH but it pulls into triple digits MUCH faster than you would think.

The brakes are AWESOME. Equal to or better than anything I've had.

The finish on the bike is second to none. Paint, carbon fiber...everything is just beautiful.

I have yet to REALLY be able to hammer this thing on my favorite roads due to weather. I'm very cautious this time of year due to inconsistent road conditions but I can wait. One thing is for sure the bike has plenty of pull everywhere. Huge torque.

Tire wise it came with Pilot Powers. I'm not a huge fan of them. Had them on three bikes now and I strongly prefer Bridgestones or Parellis. I just installed BT002's on the MM yesterday. Have yet to try them out. First go-round with them but they should be closer to what I was looking for.

Weight wise it's lighter than my F800S but feels heavier since the weight is carried higher. It makes transitions easier, however.

Overall I'm very pleased with the balance of my bikes right now. They are a good complement to each other.

Archived