IGNORED

Twin Cities Dealers

jdaniel2

What do we think of the BMW dealers in and around Minneapolis/St. Paul MN? I ask because this weekend I am going to go to one and deal as hard as I can on an R1200RT.

Any of your thoughts will be much appreciated. TIA.

JD

I had a good experience with Leo's. They sold me my 04 Rt and did most of the service on it. The work they did was well done and completed in a timely manner.

I tried Hitching Post once and felt completely out of place. I did not even let them work on the bike cause it felt so wrong there. I have visited Moon's and have not been impressed. I did spend a lovely afternoon at Judson's (Lake Crystal) and wish it was not so far and so small.

If you wish more details feel free to PM me.

My '04 RT comes from Leo's. They made the extra effort to get me on a R1100RT, so I could experience the fairing first hand. Bought the then new R1150RT from them because of their effort. Purchased pre-paid service plan, for a good price, to maintain warranty questions too.

Moon has what I believe is the best BMW mechanic in the area, but they dropped the ball when it came to getting me behind an RT fairing.

Both are excellent dealers IMO.

Fightingpiper

I got my 2006 used from HP in coon rapids. Granted they are not the BMW dealership within Hitchingpost but it was a trade they took in on a Wing. I got a good deal and was satisfied with the service. I know that if that bike was at the BMW HP shop in hopkins I would have paid alot more for it. I have been to Leo's. It was the original place my bike was sold and they did the initial 600 mile service. Have not purchased from them but earlier this fall someone on the forums here posted about a bad service Leo's had done while traveling through. May want to do a search. I have not been to Moons or Judson's but Moons always gets good reviews. I personally like the smaller mom-n-pop places so I would travel the distance to Judson's or Moons.

Good Luck your gonna luv the bike!

JD,

Hope I'm not too late here. I have used Leos for a few BMW bikes. All I can say is I keep going back there.

If you want any dirty details, PM me for my phone #.

JD,

Hope I'm not too late here. I have used Leos for a few BMW bikes. All I can say is I keep going back there.

If you want any dirty details, PM me for my phone #.

Jeff has stories to tell. I've recently switched from Leo's to Moons because of better customer service.

Archived