IGNORED

Weather Update BMWNEF Rally

Knifemaker

Friday...Showers...43 low 55 high

Sat...Few Showers..29 low 56 high

Sun...Most Sunny...39 low 45 high

Looks like the Rally will live up to it's name...

better bring your rain suits and your wooleys... clap.gif

Both weather.com and the National Weather Service agree: 33 degrees Friday night and 31 degrees on Saturday night. 40% chance of rain on Friday and 20% on Saturday.

P.S.- Folks over 6'4" who are staying in a room on the base cannot comment on the weather. wave.gif

Oh please, oh please, oh please let the weather be decent!!!! I am so needing to get the H*LL out of Dodge, but I live in South Florida for a reason. wink.gif

It's only Monday I'm not listening to any weather reports yet....lalalalalala not listening to you lalalalalala

Oh please, oh please, oh please let the weather be decent!!!! I am so needing to get the H*LL out of Dodge, but I live in South Florida for a reason.

Your Kidding RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! eek.gif

Do not worry about the weather, if you do not like it, just wait around it will change soon. Besides it is south of Jax and the weather is reported for N of Jax, around 50 miles north. Check the forecast for Gainesville and then draw your own conclusions. lmao.gif

Well I hope ya'll are happy. I actually went out and bought some thermals. grin.gif

Don't mind me...I have a strict no whining policy when I am on trips of any kind (particularly horses and motorcycles) so I need to get this out of my system now.

Call me a pansy....

pansy-flower.jpg

but if the temps for both nights are in the 30's (and one weather service predicts 28 for a low Saturday night) I'll be cooking my steak at home. I left NY to escape 28 degree temps. tongue.gif

Good luck and warmth to the hardy attendees. thumbsup.gif

Someone is bucking for a change from Member to... lmao.gif

I thought you got a new sleeping bag?

Hope you can reconsider, wouldn't want your grandchildren to think you were, well, a pansy. tongue.gif

I'll eat your steak Saturday night. grin.gif

Just rechecked the weather and they are calling for rain now Friday evening, with Saturday's nightime temps at 28 with a perceived of 16 degrees. eek.gif

Are there any hotels nearby?I'd hate not to stay on the grounds, but if it's going to be miserable...this is supposed to be a fun weekend for us, not an endurance event.

Can I have a pansy too? grin.gif

Thanks. I just checked on-line for the hotels, and then the Rally Program. Doesn't look like we will miss much if we just sleep off-site. grin.gif I'm assuming we have to get off the grounds before the Armory closes, which according to the Rally Program shouldn't interfere with my intentions.

Am in process of convincing DH to let me make a reservation.

Lest you think I am that much of a pretty purple flower, I WILL be there. I don't mind riding in the cold, just can't stand trying to sleep in it. dopeslap.gif

Feh,!!Bunch of pansies!!..... lmao.giflmao.gif

It is called a winter-rally for a reason. dopeslap.gif but maybe it should be renamed in the 'No Woos-es' rally?? lmao.giflmao.gif

See you all there!! clap.gif

All that means is that there be more room to grill the steaks Saturday night. It is fun seeing all the stitch's standing around the grill, trying to keep the wind of the lake from blowing out the fire. Human wind block. lmao.giflmao.gif

All that means is that there be more room to grill the steaks Saturday night. It is fun seeing all the stitch's standing around the grill, trying to keep the wind of the lake from blowing out the fire. Human wind block. lmao.giflmao.gif

Not only that, there will be more steak!! grin.gifgrin.gif

The actual situation,

Friday, daytime not too bad, cloudy, temperate, easy setup.

Friday night/ early Saturday morning: rain

Saturday daytime: Cloudy but still comfortable temps no rain till the heavens opened up about 5 pm, everyone warned to secure the tents due to storm system moving through, temperature dropped and wind picked up. No cook your own steak because of rain, steak prepared for you.

Saturday late night driving rain stopped but wind, wind and more wind with cold temps in the am. I found out there's a reason there weren't many tents right next to the lake.

Biggest gripe other than the windy weather: planned festivities are too far from the campground.

Archived