IGNORED

Atlanta International Motorcycle show

randy

Just wondering if a group lunch is in order? I am thinking Saturday around 13:00. Location to be determined.

I am working Friday night as a survey taker volunteer. But would love to see everyone on Saturday.

Post your interest, and I will try to arrange something.

Just wondering if a group lunch is in order? I am thinking Saturday around 13:00. Location to be determined.

I am working Friday night as a survey taker volunteer. But would love to see everyone on Saturday.

Post your interest, and I will try to arrange something.

I am flying into ATL for work on the 15th driving to Albany . Returning Thur flying out on Friday morning . That sucks . One more day I could have been able to make it,damn it . Dave dopeslap.gif

We're going to TRY to make it saturday - hoping Lee Parks will have some inventory on hand - I have a hard time getting my glove sizing right, and I'm looking to pick up a pair of his unlined gauntlets. Lunch would be cool.

Don

Lunch would be great! This is all weather dependent for me. If it's 7 above like last week and I'll skip the show. A latter lunch would be better for me, if possible. If weather is not bad my wife Deb will be riding down also.

Alan

daveinatlanta

I'm in. I'll be working part time at the BMW club table but should be able to get away for lunch. I'll keep looking for the when and where... lurker.gif

I'll let you know for sure either way, but I'm plannning on making it.

I should probably stay home - last year I got the bug for a r1200rt after going to the show! dopeslap.gif

I was planning on going Friday night. Does admission get you in for the entire show or just one day?

Scott

You can buy a 3 day pass online for $20.

I'll let you know for sure either way, but I'm plannning on making it.

I should probably stay home - last year I got the bug for a r1200rt after going to the show! dopeslap.gif

Fortunately, there is a cure. grin.gifwave.gif

Hey Randy,

I'm down for doing lunch, I'm planning on getting there Sat morning.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You said that last year. blush.gif

No that was the year before, and I did make it but it was later in the day.

If you come up I promise I will be there on time. thumbsup.gif

Me and the spousal unit are IN! We'll be caging it--just a few degrees too cool for the SU and 6hr ride. We'll be staying the night in ATL and heading home Sunday. Where's the planned eating venue??? lurker.gif

Hi Bernie!

Don't worry about the boy, he's perfectly safe as long as he still fits in the side cases...

No no, just kidding. I would never do that... He doesn't fit in the side cases anymore anyway. He barely fits in the large top case now. tongue.gif

I know what you mean. My grandson can not wait till he reaches the foot pegs. He has been trying for 5 years.

I guess I be shopping for kids gear before to long. dopeslap.gif

It will be too cold for the wife to ride and they are calling for 2-4 inch of the white stuff on the mountains Thursday. That's enough not to try the bikes, so we will cage it down!

Alan

We will meet at the BMW display at 12:30. We will leave at 12:45 and walk t lunch at 13:00.

Max Lagers Grill & Brewery

320 Peachtree St NE

Atlanta GA 30308

http://maxlagers.com/

We have made a reservations, so please do not call the cafe. If you have any questions, post here and Chris K, or myself will respond.

These are the confirmed participants

Randy & Dustin

Chris K

Joel G

Alan D

Michael S

Steve & Katy H

Stephen K

Don M

Dave

That makes 11, let me know if I missed anyone.

I know what you mean. My grandson can not wait till he reaches the foot pegs. He has been trying for 5 years.

I guess I be shopping for kids gear before to long. dopeslap.gif

you have a grandson? tongue.gif

Randy,

-1 for Don M...

We'll meet you guys at 12:30, but I doubt we're gonna be able to make lunch. Commitments are getting us to the show late, and leaving early, so I think we'll skip lunch to try to get everything in. crazy.gif Be good to see everyone though, at least.

Don

Latest count

Randy & Dustin

Chris K maybe + 1

Joel G

Alan + wife D

Michael & Lisa S

Steve & Katy H

Stephen K

Dave

That makes 12 - 13 eating adults. Did I miss anyone?

Randy

There is a 40 chance of snow here on Saturday. I am still planning on coming unless we really get socked in, but my wife is a maybe.

Alan

Latest count

Randy & Dustin

Chris K maybe + 1

Joel G

Alan + wife D

Michael & Lisa S

Steve & Katy H

Stephen K

Dave

Ooo eek.gifDonner Party descendants? blush.gif

Latest count

Randy & Dustin

Chris K maybe + 1

Joel G

Alan + wife D

Michael & Lisa S

Steve & Katy H

Stephen K

Dave

Ooo eek.gifDonner Party descendants? blush.gif

lmao.giflmao.gif well done please lmao.giflmao.gif

Add 3 more - Dave's (DaveinAtlanta already on your list) better half, Elisa will be joining the group as will Sharon and I -

DH ;~) HEAD's UP! At least a couple more folks are LIKELY to join the party.

Latest count

Randy & Dustin

Chris K maybe + 1

Joel G

Alan + wife D

Michael & Lisa S

Steve & Katy H

Stephen K

Dave & Lisa

Dave & Sharon H

Ok looks like 16 now. Chris says it is "hiking" distance not walking, but he is a wimp. it is about 1/2 mile to the facility as the crow flies, maybe .6 mile on the sidewalks. Very easy "walking" distance, if you are not Chris K lmao.gif

Won't be arriving in time for the lunch but, (sorry for the hijack) can anyone give advice on (cage) parking? I know there are several lots but wanted to know which is the best. Thanks.

Rick...

most will be busy, and most will be the same cost 8.00 - 15.00. depends on how you come into the area. if you come in by olympic park, there are about 5 parking areas, all pretty well advertised. If you come in behind, there is the gold lot, the yellow lot, and I think the green lot.

all are fine.

Cause of work, I will not make the show. A lot of pictures please. And I ask for one picture of the Victory Vision please. Thanks, have fun, stay warm. thumbsup.gif

You guys have fun, enjoyed it last year.

We'll be trying to stay warm and dry at the Winter Rally.

John,

Here's the V V. It may come in other colors.

bikinihippo.jpg

grin.gif

Hey Randy,still plan on going, that is if I can make it up my street in the morning. They say 3-4 inches of snow might fall overnight by me. If you ever seen my street you know what I'm talking about.

I have your # I will call you if I make it.

ok, assuming everyone is coming, looks like we have 15 - 16 people coming. I had reserved table for 20 I will let them know 15 - 20 is still correct. Once again we will meet at the BMW display at 12:30 EST. We will leave at 12:40 EST and walk over to the restaurant. I expect a short 15 minute walk, which gets us to the restaurant at 1pm EST.

We will attend the lunch but we will meet you directly at Max Lagers. Our schedule requires that we go to the show in the afternoon instead of the morning.

See you tomorrow,

Mike

I'm looking out the window and hoping none of you are out on the roads on 2 wheels and instead opted for 4 wheels. It's snowing very hard! I could be looking out a window in NJ but we're in Georgia. What gives?

As we usually did in NYC we went to the Atlanta show on Friday as they opened the doors. The show was terrific; better than we expected. We spent 4 hours at the show, picked up some gear and doodads and headed home.

Hope those who ventured into the GWCC are safe and had a good time.

Archived