IGNORED

Thursday, Jan 17 pre-DVD Dinner

flyingreg

Alrighty then, Thursday Jan 17, I am again putting together a pre-DVD dinner in Bakersfield. Several riders have expressed interest in dining at Hodels.

When: Jan 17, 7:00

Where: Hodels 5917 Knudsen Dr Bakersfield, CA 93308 (100 yards west of 99 & Olive Dr exit)

Why: Why not!

There are several motels within walking distance and a Starbucks on the corner for your morning fix. thumbsup.gif

If you need motel info. let me know.

I plan on hooking up with mrduck on Friday in Inyokern for the run to Olancha for breakfast. I plan on taking the Kern River gorge (CA178) to the eastern side of the Sierras, weather permitting. If you've never ridden this road, it is a must ride. All are welcome.

Please chime in so I'll know how many riders to expect for dinner, and or the Friday ride through the Sierras.

I plan on taking the Kern River gorge (CA178) to the eastern side of the Sierras, weather permitting. If you've never ridden this road, it is a must ride.

thumbsup.gif

BeniciaRT_GT

How funny!

I was actually on the verge of starting a thread about this!

I'm glad it is finally fleshing out and gonna be planned. I was thinking this year wouldn't happen for the dinner, which is one of the best parts of the DVD weekends!!!

Thanks for getting it going Greg!!!

As it stands now, I might come down for the dinner solo, and meet Jacqueline Fri. morning for the ride into Beatty.

Soooooooo... 1 In for dinnner clap.gif

Crazy_Canuck
How funny!

I was actually on the verge of starting a thread about this!

I'm glad it is finally fleshing out and gonna be planned. I was thinking this year wouldn't happen for the dinner, which is one of the best parts of the DVD weekends!!!

Thanks for getting it going Greg!!!

As it stands now, I might come down for the dinner solo, and meet Jacqueline Fri. morning for the ride into Beatty.

Soooooooo... 1 In for dinnner clap.gif

Okay now I am out!!! eek.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Just kidding. grin.gif

hey Greg..

The Missus and I will try to make dinner Thurs night.... Mebbe have more luck than last year. Awaiting Motel Info..

We'll be in the Land Yatch, so prolly won't make the ride up 178 in the morning, but we'll try to meet everyone for breakfast in Olancha..

Greg, I'll be riding down with Val Cervantes (add him to your list) in time for dinner. How about PM-ing me with a decent Motel near Hodels. Can't recall where I stayed last year.

Thanks Barry

Below is a link to motels within 0.2 mi of the restaurant. The link does not include Motel 6, which is on the same street as the others. I of course, have not stayed at any of these, but the names should be familiar to you travelers.

The top three on the page are the ones you will want if you don't want to travel after your arrival in Bakes. They are, Vagabond Inn Bakersfield North ; Sleep Inn & Suites; Econolodge Bakersfield. Posted prices were from a low of $32.39 to a high of 62.99. Hope this helps.

Of course, let me know if the link doesn't work and I will post contact information for these establishments. I cut and pasted the link on a different browser page and it worked fine then.

LINKY HERE!

I have been trying to do this thing for 3 years and I always get hung up by bike trouble...well...now I have two working bikes so I will be there one way or the other. Either by Beemer or Crotch Rocket.

I sincerley plan on that happening...if for some reason I can't make it, come on by the house and you're welcome to have a look.

BMWeerman

In at the Vagabond...hope we make dinner!! cool.gif

Well, I'm hoping you and everyone else that's somebody makes it. You can't wimp out every year, can you? dopeslap.gif

Looks like we got the beginnings of a good dinner crowd. thumbsup.gif

You can't wimp out every year, can you? dopeslap.gif

Looks like we got the beginnings of a good dinner crowd. thumbsup.gif

Hey! we were there last year!!eek.gif

Just a little late was all. Hope we can get there earlier this year.

BeniciaRT_GT
Below is a link to motels within 0.2 mi of the restaurant. The link does not include Motel 6, which is on the same street as the others. I of course, have not stayed at any of these, but the names should be familiar to you travelers.

The top three on the page are the ones you will want if you don't want to travel after your arrival in Bakes. They are, Vagabond Inn Bakersfield North ; Sleep Inn & Suites; Econolodge Bakersfield. Posted prices were from a low of $32.39 to a high of 62.99. Hope this helps.

Of course, let me know if the link doesn't work and I will post contact information for these establishments. I cut and pasted the link on a different browser page and it worked fine then.

LINKY HERE!

Okay, so which one was the $32? I know I could just look it up myself, but I'm time limited for that for the next few days...and since I subscribe to the thread, I'll see it in my e-mail. (ASSuming you have the chance to respond)

Okay, so which one was the $32? I know I could just look it up myself, but I'm time limited for that for the next few days...and since I subscribe to the thread, I'll see it in my e-mail. (ASSuming you have the chance to respond)

Hey Richard...In at the Vagabond.. I think it was around $37 or so with tax.

I think it was the Vagabond No-Tell Motel.

Who’s coming to dinner?

Crazy_Canuck

BeniciaRT_GT

mbelectric

stubble

Heck & The Missus

barryNmarin

Val

Tank

bmweerman

meself

Not a bad hand to draw from! thumbsup.gifclap.gif

A possible maybe.

Hey, I'm impressed. Hodel's has a website! ooo.gif

http://hodels.com/

Don't click on the restaurant link found on the home page, you'll be hungry for the next 10 days.

Don't you wish you could make cinnamon rolls that fast. grin.gif

Since we are getting close, less than a week, can we bumb this to the top for the person that hasn't seen it yet and may want to join us at the trough

OK, time is getting close, I'll need to let Hodel's know how many for dinner if we all want to sit at the same table or at least near each other. So, I'm thinking you should know your plans by now. I would like to have a head count by Wednesday if at all possible. Sudden plan changes, either way are no problem. Let me hear from you.

Who’s coming to dinner?

Crazy_Canuck

BeniciaRT_GT

stubble

Heck & The Missus

barryNmarin

Val

Tank

bmweerman

meself

Joe G.

Timmer

I'm in. I'll be riding down from the San Jose area on Thursday. CA178 out of Bakersfield sounds great if that is still the plan. Anyone else heading south from the Bay Area that wants to meet up?

My bad, I didn't mean for those that have spoken up to have to repost your intentions.

If your name isn't on the list, and you plan on coming to dinner, post up.

If you're on the list and you need to cancel, post up.

Thanks all

I will be there...to make sure Richard keeps in line!

This ought to be good. I can't wait to see him keeping me "in line."

Good luck with that, and please do let everyone know Friday how that worked out for you! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

And Greg, I think MBelectric had to cancel the whole weekend on account of a crappy boss...

edit: since I subscribed to the thread, I got the hot off the press version and I guess Greg caught that and edited it.

in my best Gilda Radner/Rosannarosanna Danna voice:

Never mind...

Here's the final tally for dinner. I'll see you all at Hodel's. I should arrive at Hodel's about 6:30-6:45.

Who’s coming to dinner?

Crazy_Canuck

BeniciaRT_GT

stubble

Heck & The Missus

barryNmarin

Val

Tank

bmweerman

meself

Joe G.

Timmer