IGNORED

Chicago Cycle Show/Pizza Party

Ron_B

The perfect way to deal with winter, (except for those strange folks who actually like snow/cold/driving weird motorized contraptions with tracks and skis on the front) The Chicago Motorcycle Show is to be held on February 8th through 10th. I'm planning to have a party that Saturday evening at 6:00pm. Nothing fancy, just pizza and good people. If we can't find any good people, the usual motley crew will have to do!

grin.gif

Winter sucks. Let's start another annual Chitown tradition!

(except for those strange folks who actually like snow/cold/driving weird motorized contraptions with tracks and skis on the front)

So my sled makes more HP than my bike. Am I welcome or not? smile.gif

(except for those strange folks who actually like snow/cold/driving weird motorized contraptions with tracks and skis on the front)

So my sled makes more HP than my bike. Am I welcome or not? smile.gif

"Welcome" is relative.

So, would we be attending the show on Friday afternoon and then doing the pizza thing afterwards, like usual?

I'm signed up to work the "Clubs Booth" setup Friday am,if I don't get a call for work.

Are we or anybody getting together after the show Friday night??

Most likely will see ya Saturday night too.

i mIGHT be able to jump over on Friday and do the dew..my daughter still attends LowYoda (Loyola Univ)and lives in WrigleyVille.

What would Friday night look like..?

Times Places People Food types?

Talk to me..I miss my homies thumbsup.gif

I'd be in for Friday as well. The usual with pizza at Gino's afterwards?

That works. Depending on the crowd we could do something different. There is a hooters right there, I heard Hillary might be working that night trying to drum up support.

I'll be at the show Friday, and afterwards ya gotta eat.

But just to be clear. Ron's gig, which can NEVER be beat, is SATURDAY. smile.gif

I heard after getting too much crap for his quite creative decor for the holidays his neighbor and he are going to split the cost to bring out one of these. wink.gif

I heard after getting too much crap for his quite creative decor for the holidays his neighbor and he are going to split the cost to bring out one of these. wink.gif

Cool I can't wait.
I'd suggest Steak n' Shake for Friday night. No pizza twice, and it's nearby.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...e+near+rosemont,+IL&ie=UTF8&ll=42.008361,-87.869682&spn=0.089669,0.160675&z=13&iwloc=A&om=1

eek.giftongue.gif

Dude, if I'm driving to Chicago, it won't be to eat at a restaurant that's on every-other corner in Indy.

I understand no pizza two nights in a row but there has to be a better option.

Your taste buds have lost touch...

wink.gif

I'd suggest Steak n' Shake for Friday night. No pizza twice, and it's nearby.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...e+near+rosemont,+IL&ie=UTF8&ll=42.008361,-87.869682&spn=0.089669,0.160675&z=13&iwloc=A&om=1

eek.giftongue.gif

Dude, if I'm driving to Chicago, it won't be to eat at a restaurant that's on every-other corner in Indy.

I understand no pizza two nights in a row but there has to be a better option.

Your taste buds have lost touch...

wink.gif

How about Mexican? Googling Rosemont and and Mexican food shows a whole bunch of places.

I heard after getting too much crap for his quite creative decor for the holidays

I guess the live reindeer was a bit too much, huh?

Fine. Next year I'll tone it down.

Should I get rid of the penguins too?

tongue.gifgrin.gif

Ron suggested Mexican. I found a place called Don Juan's. It's not far from the Bike Show. I haven't eaten there, but one of the good reviews on Menu Pages is by a local lawyer. Someone else here will have to speak to whether or not we can trust him.

Don Juan

I wouldn't trust anybody who says they're a public defender for a police department. smile.gif

However, I know the restaurant. At least I used to. We used to go there a lot, and it was pretty damn good. The son of the owner was the chef, and he was really creative. They had a full menu of very well prepared "standard" Mexican food plus some cutting-edge dishes. Then the son went off to open a non-Mexican fine dining place, then they opened a second Don Juans in another part of town. Then this location closed for a while, so we stopped going. From what I can tell, the mother still owns the place and the son is a "consultant".

Reviews on Yelp are fairly up-to-date and pretty decent, once you cut through the idiocity.

It's not the closest place to the convention center, but my first thought was "it's real far", then I ran it through S&T and it's 4.8 miles, which should be about 10 minutes. Get on the expressway going east, exit at Harlem, north on Harlem to Northwest Highway, northwest on Northwest Highway. (There are shorter ways to get there, but not that suburbanites could follow).

I'd like to vouch for it, but I don't have the information. It used to be one of our favorites, but we haven't been there in a few years, so I can't say what it's like now. I don't have any negative info.

When planning any event, someone must be the whiny bitch, this time it's you Tday. :P

Don Juan's is good. And not hard to find. Just further than normal for most. Whatever.

Jimmy lives a couple blocks away and eats there often. His suggestion was to make a reservation as it's not the biggest restaurant the world has known. Most places I'd figure would struggle with our "guesstimate" but a smaller mom-pop shop in a popular area on a Friday night I thought would be tough.

I'm just going to go to Gino's Friday. Then order up SOMETHING ELSE at Ron's on Saturday. There's an OK BBQ place, Thai, etc... all nearby.

OK people, I guess I'm gonnahafta alter this a wee bit. We'll make this the "Chicago Cycle Show/Non-Pizza Party." (Hey, that does have a kinda nice ring to it!) To tell the truth, when I first decided on this, I mistakenly thought/misremembered that our usual thing was to do to pizza thing on Saturday. I thought of it as a party instead of our usual thing. Friday? We always do it on Friday?

dopeslap.gif

It's not carved in stone that it's gotta be pizza, it just seemed like the easiest thing to do. I wanted to make it simple, like "hey, let's get some pizza and beer and go trash Ron's place!"

Soooo...

Friday: Pizza after the show at Gino's.

Saturday: Non-Pizza Party at Ron's.

grin.gif

Steve, call me and we'll iron out the details.

When planning any event, someone must be the whiny bitch, this time it's you Tday. :P

You know my true thoughts about stuff like this so I won't go into it here, other than to say that I don't give a rat's a$$ about what we do.

Ron, it's your get-together and you are gracious to offer, so do what you want to do and don't worry about what others may want/don't want. Really.

Let's not turn your get-togethers at your place into what has become the norm for other board-related get-togethers that used to be easy. No one needs to bring a grill or fly in a moto-sag wagon or have a gaggle of caterers standing by. We can do pizza two nights in a row or we can go to Hardees on Friday night or we can order bad Chinese food.

It ain't no deal...

And Knapp, 38, buddy! wave.gif

It's not carved in stone that it's gotta be pizza, it just seemed like the easiest thing to do. I wanted to make it simple, like "hey, let's get some pizza and beer and go trash Ron's place!"

But we can still get some beer and trash your place?

Sooner or later, if you put enough riders in a room you get a food fight tongue.gifgrin.gif

My brother Bill (the one who bought my Springer) is in town to visit, go to the Chicago Bike Show and attend Ron's Party.

If the work load allows we'll go to bike show Friday. If not, we'll attend Saturday.

I'll give you a call, Steve, if we can make it Friday night for dinner.

I sold my SV650 to Kiecker so that it would have a decent life. Now, without a bike, it's time to see what's new. Looking forward to seeing you all. thumbsup.gif

OK folks, here's what I propose for din-din:

I'm going to make meatballs in Mexican sauce and Dennis will make a batch of his famous black-bean vegetarian chili. About a mile or so of crusty French or Italian bread should do it, and some sandwich fixins to round things out for the weird folks who don't like chili or meatballs.

Sound good? I'm all ears for comments and suggestions.

If you want to bring something, fine, but not really necessary. If you would like to bring something, some sides or sweets would be nice, or maybe some beer. If you decide to bring beer, let me know so I don't overbuy. I'll also have the usual soft drinks, water, coffee, etc.

If you haven't replied to this thread please let me know you're attending, and you're bringing a guest. (several days before is ok)

I'm going to make meatballs in Mexican sauce and Dennis will make a batch of his famous black-bean vegetarian chili. About a mile or so of crusty French or Italian bread should do it, and some sandwich fixins to round things out for the weird folks who don't like chili or meatballs.

If you want to bring something, fine, but not really necessary. If you would like to bring something, some sides or sweets would be nice, or maybe some beer. If you decide to bring beer, let me know so I don't overbuy. I'll also have the usual soft drinks, water, coffee, etc.

If you haven't replied to this thread please let me know you're attending, and you're bringing a guest. (several days before is ok)

Have you considered pizza?

Pizza?

dopeslap.gif

Pizza?

dopeslap.gif

I was planning to ride my RT up from Texas, but if you're not having pizza forget it!

I was planning to ride my RT up from Texas, but if you're not having pizza forget it!

Eddd, ride your RT up from Texas and I'll get you your very own pizza and all the Kool-Aid you can drink! grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Late reminder - this Saturday - please try to let me know if you're coming.

(ignore if you've already replied)

Present count - 19, 3 maybe

Go figure, just read about your party this weekend and I have have to be at work, sorry Ron wish I could be there. Goes to show that the weather doesn't have me thinking much about motorcycles.

Mark

Probably like 9 or so? I'm on the shuttle from the CTA lot to the show right now so by 9 I should be ready for beer & pizza.

When you didn't show up for the pizza thingy, we saved a piece o' yummy Gino's thick crust spinach pizza just for you!

We hoped to present it you at the party, but, no Tasker. frown.gif

Don't worry, I put it way in the back of my fridge, so it will be there for you the next time you come up! clap.gif

(Dennis wanted to ship it down to Indy, but I figured that it will keep just swell!)

993028-Pizza5.jpg

993028-Pizza5.thumb.jpg.1fd9c2888d3fbc57b0d3976a719edbc6.jpg

Archived