IGNORED

Mojave to Olancha / DV Daze Friday 18th

mrduck

Anyone planning on coming thru Mojave on Friday on yer way to DV?

The plan is to meet up aroung 8:30- 9:00 or so at the Chevron then do a breakfast run to Olancha at the Ranch Cafe. We will be hooking up with flying Greg and the Bakersfield bunch somewhere along the way. From Olancha we can either go directly to DV on 190 or take the scenic route thru Big Pine to 168 and over Westgard Pass, depending on road and weather ( and state of mind!) conditions. We'll decide that over breakfast on Friday!

Lemme know if ya wanna go thumbsup.gif

Crazy_Canuck

Hey Mr Duck!! Yes I think Greg and I are going to try and meet up with you for Breakfast. What Chevron are you talking about?

Hey Mr Duck!! Yes I think Greg and I are going to try and meet up with you for Breakfast. What Chevron are you talking about?

We're gonna be at the Chevron in Mojave

If you guys go thru Lake Isabella well see ya out at the one around Inyokern thumbsup.gif

I'd like to hook up with some of you for the ride through DV to Beatty. My plan is to route through Trona, Panamint Valley and (weather permitting) Wildrose Cyn before turning east on 190.

Jeff

We will see you in Inyokern. I have posted an invite for dinner Thursday night in Bakersfield, so hope to bring a contingent of superior riders along for the run. The dinner post LINKY HERE!

I know, shameless promotion on my part. grin.gif

Hey Mr Duck!!

The Missus and I will try to drag the land yatch over the hill to meet you for breakfast if we make Bakersfield on Thursday night....Will be going over 58 then 14 to InyoKern...

If not, we'll catch up.....(lmao.gif)

I'm nudging this back up to the top. I'm not sure whether I should get excited that so few people want to chase our tails over these great roads. 168 ain't for neophytes anyway, especially that first 10-12 miles or so, that I call the sidewinder. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif That section will put you in the ditch if you don't show it lots of respect.

I'd like to hook up with some of you for the ride through DV to Beatty. My plan is to route through Trona, Panamint Valley and (weather permitting) Wildrose Cyn before turning east on 190.

Jeff

Hey Jeff we are gonna hook up with the Bakersfield bunch for the ride there and we're planning on coming back that way thru beautiful downtown Trona so if ya can make it out here Friday morning we'll show ya the scenic route thumbsup.gif

I'm nudging this back up to the top. I'm not sure whether I should get excited that so few people want to chase our tails over these great roads. 168 ain't for neophytes anyway, especially that first 10-12 miles or so, that I call the sidewinder. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif That section will put you in the ditch if you don't show it lots of respect.

I'm pretty intimidated by twisties you know! However, my Friday morning departure depends another's arrival, but after 9 or 10, I should be able to find/catch Y'all.

We can talk about it over dinner!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

...snip...168 ain't for neophytes anyway, especially that first 10-12 miles or so, that I call the sidewinder. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif That section will put you in the ditch if you don't show it lots of respect.

I'm pretty intimidated by twisties you know! ...snip...but after 9 or 10, I should be able to find/catch Y'all.

We can talk about it over dinner!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

ZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG! You know there's something about fishing with stink bait, you can always count on one of the big fish in the pond takin' the bait. grin.gif

-zebco-

Hey Jeff we are gonna hook up with the Bakersfield bunch for the ride there and we're planning on coming back that way thru beautiful downtown Trona so if ya can make it out here Friday morning we'll show ya the scenic route thumbsup.gif
OK, I'm in and thanks for the invite!

Jeff

<snip> 168 ain't for neophytes anyway, especially that first 10-12 miles or so, that I call the sidewinder. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif That section will put you in the ditch if you don't show it lots of respect.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Westgard is (d)icey at the v-notch just before the road drops down towards Big Pine. One moto trip years ago east to west found an unpassable sheet of ice at that point forcing us to backtrack all the way to Dyer, NV then north to the Montgomery Pass and over to Bishop.

Jeff

<snip> 168 ain't for neophytes anyway, especially that first 10-12 miles or so, that I call the sidewinder. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif That section will put you in the ditch if you don't show it lots of respect.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Westgard is (d)icey at the v-notch just before the road drops down towards Big Pine. One moto trip years ago east to west found an unpassable sheet of ice at that point forcing us to backtrack all the way to Dyer, NV then north to the Montgomery Pass and over to Bishop.

Jeff

Well then, we'll each need to carry a bag of dry sand in our saddle bags. dopeslap.gif

Jeff

Yeah at the worst we'll backtrack to Olancha and go in on 190, the weather is supposed to be dry and sunny next week!

8 days and counting wave.gif

I'm pretty intimidated by twisties you know! However, my Friday morning departure depends another's arrival, but after 9 or 10, I should be able to find/catch Y'all.

to:

I'm pretty intimidated by twisties you know! but after 9 or 10, I should be able to find/catch Y'all.

You been hanging out with Whip?

See you Thursday! clap.gifgrin.gif

Within the next day or so, can we firm up the planned meeting time and location? It was Mojave and is now Inyokern. But did you guys actually mean the Chevron on Hwy 14 at Pearsonville? Inyokern is actually east of the 14. If so, Pearsonville is +/- 170 miles from my digs depending on route. Too late a meeting time will mean Oluncha! smirk.gif

Jeff

We (Cornelius and myself) will be in Mojave Chevron around 8:30 Friday morning. From there we're gonna hook up with the B-field bunch depending on where they end up coming over the hill from!

No real firm plans,if you're planning on being there lemme know

Effjay07,

We are planning the same route as you coming from Valencia, except for the Wildrose Canyon part. About what time do you plan to be in Mojave for the continuation of the trip. I was planning to go thru California City, Randsburg/Mojave Rd, and hook up with Trona Rd off the 395 in Johannesburg

Hedstrom clap.gif

We (Cornelius and myself) will be in Mojave Chevron around 8:30 Friday morning.
AccuWeather shows 30* in Mojave at 8:30 this morning (29* "real feel"). Looks like I'll be plugged in on my first leg of 110 miles! eek.gif

Jeff

AccuWeather shows 30* in Mojave at 8:30 this morning (29* "real feel"). Looks like I'll be plugged in on my first leg of 110 miles! eek.gif

Jeff

Yeah but it's a dry cold smirk.gif

Got Gerbings?

See ya Friday wave.gif

Archived