IGNORED

Why to Whynot BBG

WBoyter

Browsing over a map this past spring, I noticed both Why, Arizona and Whynot, MS were fairly far apart. Measuring more accurately with MS Streets & Trips I figured that they're actually 1577 miles apart - perfect for a BBG. So I put a plan into place. At the same time I wanted to go to Alaska, but wasn't 100% certain it would happen, and I let this BBG be a contigency plan.

Long story short, I went to Alaska and didn't get an opportunity to roll this one out, until now. I figure that now is a good time with it being 1) the end of the holiday season and few people are REALLY working, and 2) technically the start of a new riding year.

Anybody interested can meet up with me, or holler at me, or drive up alongside of me and shoot me the finger at any point on the ride. I'll be leaving Why, AZ gas station at the intersection of Highways 85 & 86 at 7 AM(Mountain) 4 January bound for Whynot. Arrival at Sullivan's Grocery in Whynot, MS (12 miles south of Meridian, MS) should be approximately between 5-6 AM(Central). Since Sullivan's is the only source of a dated receipt that actually reads "Whynot, MS" and is only open from 6am to 9pm, I'll have to ride all night.

Whynot.jpg

Rocket_Cowboy

Good luck and safe travels on that ride!

Sounds like you should miss most of the West Texas deer ... or at least be through there during daylight. Watch out for deer as you get further east ... on my way back from Tennessee earlier this week, I saw closer to three dozen just hanging around the side of the Interstate.

Vicious_Cycler

At which one do you know the answer? lmao.gif Hey Rocket, you know in TN if you hit one of them deer, its legal to take it home and eat it. Save pillion room when you're up this way thumbsup.gif.

Rocket_Cowboy

My pillion space has been taken over by an aux fuel tank.

I'll have to figure out how to stuff a deer into my saddle bags. smile.gif

(or just avoid hitting deer completely)

Folks, I'm sick.

I mean really sick, not just "sick in the head."

I was overcoming bronchitis a couple weeks ago, and thought I had it beat, but like a FOOL I rode a SS1k with an amigo of mine on the 27th, spent the majority of the day in 20 degree temperatures, passed through about a hundred miles of Grapes of Wrath-style dust storms, and ended it in a thunderstorm. Felt like hell a few days later, so I went back to the doctor today. He told me some damn fool got me all stricken with pneumonia - hmmm... wonder who that could be?

Long story short, I'm going to have to put this off for at least a few weeks.

Vicious_Cycler

An SS1k with brochitis leading to pneumonia? Now is there any doubt as to the world's toughest riders? Get well soon!

P.S. Maybe you should cross-ref this to the Worst Weather thread.

Archived