IGNORED

Any tech days in or near Austin, TX?

Herman

I would be interested in attending any do-it-yourself tech session in the Austin, TX area. Does anyone know if there are such events, when, where? Thanks.

I may be able to help. I don't plan on any tech days in the next few months, but I'd be willing to walk you through the basics.

Can you come by next weekend?

I live in central Austin, and would be happy to host such a day, but the main ingredient is missing: someone who knows what they are doing. I personally am adept at, um, I personally am not adept.

I have a garage that would accommodate two or three bikes at a time, a large, sloped driveway, and two wiener dogs...nothing at all like Limecreek's perfect setup for multiple bikes, but I do have a fridge in the garage.

Actually, I could help a little with electrical farkling.

I'm almost due for the 12k service.

If a guru steps up, I'll pick a date and see if we get enough interest.

An alternative to a tech day or the dealer is a mechanic I recently met, a high school teacher with much mechanical experience with bikes, especially BMWs of all types. He can do all your service stuff, put tires on, etc, and is very reasonable with his charges. I have no affiliation with him other than as a customer.

You email him, and he'll reply: motoready1"AT"gmail.com

Archived